Have you ever chosen video games as a topic for an school assignment?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Have you ever chosen video games as a topic for an school assignment?

User Info: tooweak

tooweak
4 years ago#21
Junior year in High School
Went with a research paper on the history of RPGs, but due to excessive scope narrowed it down to Japanese RPGs. Named the essay after something Wiegraf in FFT says although I stopped the paper at FF7. Got an A, even though 2/3 of the material was just finding sources for what I already knew :D.

Senior year in High School
re-wrote Oedipus using videogame quotes (had to modify some quotes due to names and such of course). Was NOT aware of the SF2 pictures + game quotes Romeo and Juliet rewrite on internet at the time.

Freshman year at Junior College
On a final exam used FF8 as an example of how music moved me emotionally. Naturally a lot of the music analysis I did had references to certain game music that seemed inspired by "real" old music despite none of the music I analyzed being from games. Consistently got As on the analysis and on the final exam too.
It happened again. I cried at another Pokemon game.

User Info: pbandjames

pbandjames
4 years ago#22
brigadier_101 posted...
I wanted to incorporate them into my dissertation somehow, but I couldn't think of any relevant link they have to the environment. So I went with river water quality instead. :/

You could have mentioned all those ET Atari cartridges dumped into landfills, lol.
Game news is the best news.

User Info: CryWolfe

CryWolfe
4 years ago#23
I wrote my Bachelor thesis about narrative in video games.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2194-6691-2460
3DS FC: 3179-6050-6930

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
4 years ago#24
I intentionally avoid the subject. Too many people are biased against video games for non-existent reasons.
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)

User Info: theGirlyGamer

theGirlyGamer
4 years ago#25
In my Statistics class in High School, I created a project centering around preferred races in one of my favorite MMORPGs. Got an A on it. It was pretty great.
3DS FC: 0404 - 5727 - 2798
Visit my blog at girly-gamer.blogspot.com

User Info: knuxnole

knuxnole
4 years ago#26
Yes. For two college assignments

English: Research paper on video game violence, the myths and truths about how it affects society.

Poetry: Writing a poem about the Legend of Zelda.
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
4 years ago#27
Yeah, all the time lol
My Anime List:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jakerific

User Info: pbandjames

pbandjames
4 years ago#28
Lol, I thought I hadn't at all, but then I remembered that I wrote a university English essay on action video game playing benefits. I got an A (1% from an A+, actually).

But I only wrote on that subject because it seemed the best to write out of the 8 general topics the professor listed. I could have also wrote about the other chemicals beside THC in marijuana, or the history of rhetoric (my prof added the dry rhetoric topic as a joke, kind of).
Game news is the best news.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Have you ever chosen video games as a topic for an school assignment?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived