So with all these digital sales lately...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So with all these digital sales lately...

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#1
IF in the future Nintendo decided to put all (or most) of their 1st party retail games on the eShop on sale at 30%-50% off "for a limited time only" would you double dip to get them digitally for convience sake?.

I think i would for a few games like ACNL, NSMB2, Crosswords Plus, Professor Layton and FE:A where alot of paid and free DLC (which is obviously stored on the SD card) is constaintly being thrown at you. i suppose rebuying games "like these" for $19.99-$27.99 wouldn't be a bad idea considering all the DLC involved, lol.

No poll involved just thoughts! :).
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
4 years ago#2
Double dipping for convenience is silly if we're talking the same system. If I own a physical copy, why would I want a digital one, too? The only case this is really ever appropriate would be if the physical copy installs to the system functioning as a digital copy since the disc is no longer needed after the first time (PS3 game I'm playing now did this).
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/

User Info: so64

so64
4 years ago#3
I'm not really a fan of double dipping to be honest. It would have to be quite a significant sale to get me to double dip.
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
4 years ago#4
Nope. If I miss out on a sale, I miss out on a sale.
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group

User Info: crimsonclaw111

crimsonclaw111
4 years ago#5
I wouldn't double dip. I would possibly grab what I haven't picked up yet, but that's highly unlikely given the lack of an account system on eShop.
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#6
If the sale was for Pokémon X/Y (a game that I would never sell and want to play all the time), I would consider going digital only on that particular game.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So with all these digital sales lately...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived