If I were Nintendo's CEO I would make Nintendo a ton of money...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I were Nintendo's CEO I would make Nintendo a ton of money...

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
4 years ago#21
See guys? It's so easy to fart out nonsense when you don't have anything to lose or have to do anything based on what you say.

And no, TC. If you were CEO, you'd probably bankrupt the company. And you know, if the company was stupid enough to make you the CEO, they'd deserve it.

And you know, TC, Sony is in big time debt. And you want Nintendo to follow what that company did for what reason? No, don't give me something "emotional," but bring out cold hard fact. Just what parts of Nintendo would see a profit? Why do you foresee this profit?
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)

User Info: jovewolf

jovewolf
4 years ago#22
levyjl1988 posted...
First thing I would do is...

1. Put all Nintendo first party games on the eShop, that means games like:
- Pokemon (GBA, DS all available), Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, etc.

That way gamers who missed the opportunity to play past games can buy it and play digitally. Digital GBA games will be reprogrammed to associate with other 3DS games for connecting.

2. Announce a Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Remake for 3DS.

3. Try to reconcile partnerships with third party publishers/developers that are still available to put their old games like Riviera: The promised land, Tactics, Ogre, etc on the eShop and give them a good incentive to do so.

4. Announce to fans fn the current trajectory. As we try to build hype, create a legacy system to preserve old title for easy access. This is to appeal to the nostalgic gamers out there.

5. VC for Wii U will have NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii titles available for eShop, while 3DS gets NES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS available for it's VC.

6. Announce major hit titles for each IP. Star Fox, Pikmin, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc for each system.

7. Listen to fans, make them damn happy. Try to create a infrastructure that can match with Sony, Microsoft, Apple, etc.

8. Never censor anything, games that are localized just gets translated. No changes or alterations to piss off fans.

Let's face it Nintendo's direction so far is underwhelming.

1. Hooray for spending millions in ESRB, PEGI, and CERO fees to get those all re-rated! Also for completely rewriting GBA code apparently.

2. Sure - we going to wait until we have the internal teams free to work on that, or are we going to farm it out?

3. So what? I suppose at least comp them their rating board fees, then throw some extra money at them to sweeten the pot? So a few more million spent then. Good stuff.

4. So announce promises we may not be able to deliver on (with the way you're spending money) and announce that we spend stupidly large amounts on the VC program. Got it.

5. More thousands to millions in emulator development,

6. *sigh* BILLIONS in development fees plus stupidly overworking our teams, or farming out to several outside development houses and hope we have enough staff on hand to supervise the quality properly.

7. A new online architecture would be nice, but we'll have to start charging to access certain parts to maintain it so it won't start bleeding us dry (more than we're doing to ourselves anyway with these plans).

8.Let's dump a few billion into the legal fund now than so we can handle the lawsuits that come from this short-sightedness. Also - boring-ass translations instead of quality localizations. That'll win hearts and minds.

I don't know, looks like you lost Nintendo a ton of money to me.
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
4 years ago#23
m0986-8 posted...
First thing I would do is...

1. Put all Nintendo first party games on the eShop, that means games like:
- Pokemon (GBA, DS all available), Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, etc.

That way gamers who missed the opportunity to play past games can buy it and play digitally. Digital GBA games will be reprogrammed to associate with other 3DS games for connecting.

2. Announce a Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Remake for 3DS.

3. Try to reconcile partnerships with third party publishers/developers that are still available to put their old games like Riviera: The promised land, Tactics, Ogre, etc on the eShop and give them a good incentive to do so.

4. Announce to fans fn the current trajectory. As we try to build hype, create a legacy system to preserve old title for easy access. This is to appeal to the nostalgic gamers out there.

5. VC for Wii U will have NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii titles available for eShop, while 3DS gets NES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS available for it's VC.

6. Announce major hit titles for each IP. Star Fox, Pikmin, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc for each system.

7. Listen to fans, make them damn happy. Try to create a infrastructure that can match with Sony, Microsoft, Apple, etc.

8. Never censor anything, games that are localized just gets translated. No changes or alterations to piss off fans.

Because all these things can be done so easily

To be quite honest, I don't think 1/2/6/7 are hard at all.

Hell, 7 doesn't require anything from Nintendo except common business sense. It's not like we're talking about an up-and-coming studio without a reputation yet, or EA and the grind that is their company. This is Nintendo, the most well-known gaming company and the one with the most gaming weight.

7 is, again, just good business practice; 6 and 1 are also easy to do, considering they've already started doing it; 2 is also damn easy: it's just an announcement, nothing says they have to project a timeline.
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: gumbyxcore99

gumbyxcore99
4 years ago#24
well i definitely disagree with absolutely everything the tc said i also am sure developing emulators would not take millions of dollars
iller than phil schiller

User Info: CircleOfManias

CircleOfManias
4 years ago#25
ITT: Developing things doesn't cost money.
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
4 years ago#26
CircleOfManias posted...

ITT: Risks and cost-benefits aren't part of running a business.

And for that matter, the Majora's Mask remake/sequel wouldn't even really be a risk, and neither would actually listening a little to the consumers.

Regarding eShop games, they've already started doing that with all their major releases.
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: Joe73ffdq

Joe73ffdq
4 years ago#27
I like some of your ideas, but I think NOA has been making better decisions as a company than the the other 2, by far.

The games from both 1st and 3rd party developers for the 3DS are just starting to warm up, and Im fairly confident that we will see a lot of excellent games come out over the next 3 or so years.

They announced back in January that they will help to localize more games for the system which will see a huge success. BDFF , and DQ7 is likely.

So far this year we are getting a new DK country, Zelda LTTP sequel, and many others, the list is impressive for 2013 alone.

The 3DS is looking hot right now, and there will be many happy fans over the next several years.

As a side response to the topic title I would like to say that I would love to be Square-Enix CEO. There's a company that needs help making better decisions. Nintendo does at least listen to their fans fairly good, and I think most of us are happy with where the 3DS headed. Yes we are still waiting for certain titles to come out, but give it time. We will see plenty of nostalgia for this system over the next few years

User Info: Tharjas_Ass

Tharjas_Ass
4 years ago#28
[This message was censored at the request of Nintendo of America]

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
4 years ago#29
Erm... if you think 1 or like 6 is not hard, you seriously do not know anything about running a company like this. Are you even aware of exactly who owns those GBA games? Is it really efficient to pay millions of licensing fees to churn out GBA games that you won't profit off of as much as, say, millions spent on creating a new 3DS or a Wii U game, considering the Wii U is not selling that well? Announce a major title for EVERY SINGLE SERIES for each console? Exactly how are you gonna afford a team for so many games? It's amazing how many games Nintendo is claiming to be constantly producing right now.

And #7, see Club Nintendo. Companies very rarely directly respond to fans, but your opinions will affect a pie chart that they base their decisions off of. If you think small individual opinions must be responded by a multi-million dollar company, you obviously think too highly of yourself. TC and the guy who says 1/6/7 are plausible are the guys who abandon their educations to become some astronaut or something but give up because they didn't realize you actually had to study to become an astronaut.
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
4 years ago#30
TiamatKiller posted...
CircleOfManias posted...

ITT: Risks and cost-benefits aren't part of running a business.

And for that matter, the Majora's Mask remake/sequel wouldn't even really be a risk, and neither would actually listening a little to the consumers.

Regarding eShop games, they've already started doing that with all their major releases.

Your support of TC's ideas is an infringement on my rights as a human being.
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I were Nintendo's CEO I would make Nintendo a ton of money...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived