Help me decide! Zelda 3DS or 3DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Help me decide! Zelda 3DS or 3DS XL?

User Info: forceboy

forceboy
4 years ago#1
I have an opportunity to buy the limited edition 3DS Zelda for about $200. Yet I also want o have an XL.

Bear in mind I don't have a 3DS, I used to have one but I sold it a month before the XL came out due to financial reasons.

I really want to get back to 3DS gaming but I can't decide on what to get.
The tooth fairy teaches kids that getting money for body parts is okay.

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
4 years ago#2
I am also having the same conundrum

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
4 years ago#3
3DS XL. Better d-pad, bigger screen, better battery life, no fingerprints...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA

User Info: TaCtiiCz_x

TaCtiiCz_x
4 years ago#4
Melkac posted...
3DS XL. Better d-pad, bigger screen, better battery life, no fingerprints...

Limited Edition Zelda 3DS, which may or may not be worth some penny a few years from now.

It's a tough decision. I'd recommend the XL though, since playing for hours on the original design hurts my hands (they cramp rather than the sharp edges digging in my hands). I like the look of the 3DS more though.
The time is out of joint. O, cursed spite... that I was ever born to set it right.

User Info: RYeBlack

RYeBlack
4 years ago#5
Zelda 3ds if still sealed, brand new. Should be worth more than $200.

If not, 3ds XL

TaCtiiCz_x
4 years ago#6
I think TC wants to be able to play his 3DS -__- so getting the Zelda 3DS would mean not unboxing it (will be worth a lot if sealed).

I'd recommend getting the XL if you really wanna enjoy some sweet titles on a larger screen.
The time is out of joint. O, cursed spite... that I was ever born to set it right.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
4 years ago#7
I bought the Zelda 3DS bundle for like $180 new... sold it a year or 2 later for about $200 to buy the XL. No regrets. The buttons on the Zelda 3DS really, really suck. Only thing it has going for it is the circle pad is a little smoother and the 3D effect is a little stronger.

The Zelda theme decal is a bit ugly TBH.

TaCtiiCz_x
4 years ago#8
jedinat posted...
I bought the Zelda 3DS bundle for like $180 new... sold it a year or 2 later for about $200 to buy the XL. No regrets. The buttons on the Zelda 3DS really, really suck. Only thing it has going for it is the circle pad is a little smoother and the 3D effect is a little stronger.

The Zelda theme decal is a bit ugly TBH.

I have to agree with you there.

User Info: AskaLangly

AskaLangly
4 years ago#9
I'd just get the game. Then again, I own the red XL. Up to you, OP.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#10
I do this all the time and I wish I could take my own advice, but I usually don't. But here goes. Buy the XL. Yes the Zelda version might look cool, and yes it might be worth a bit in a few years, but you're going to be playing the thing, so you should go for the better version to play.
The XL (IMO) has better buttons, better d-pad, much bigger screen that really helps when playing certain games (anything with small text like), it's more comfortable, and it has a better battery life. I also find the 3D works better for me on an XL.

Now, I owned both versions, and the XL has been such an improvement I'm glad I sprung for it.
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Help me decide! Zelda 3DS or 3DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived