Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

User Info: MrKunio

MrKunio
3 years ago#11
Ghetsis posted...
MrKunio posted...
It takes a little bit to get used to if you play ds games on regular 3ds.

I played DQXI on my 3ds and it was kind of hard to read and a little blurrier. However, when I played 4 heroes of light, everything seemed fine.

????

Maybe its a rare occurrence but it might just depend on the game.

DQXI doesn't even exist yet!

WHOOPS! I mean IX my bad dude. Nine-er
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475

User Info: Nickcool1996

Nickcool1996
3 years ago#12
It looks like it would on as if it were on a DSi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 years ago#13
Haley Joel Osment posted...
wentzelot posted...
when people play emulators they stretch the heck out of the image.

That's generally a completely different scenario. Emulators actually render the games at a higher resolution, essentially giving them a higher native resolution, whereas backward compatible consoles just upscale the original low resolution output to fit the screen. Obviously the former looks far better than the latter.

no, i was talking about when people use visual boy advance etc in native resolution and just multiply the screen by 2x etc . no , it is not rendered in a higher resolution.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 years ago#14
On an XL and with the ds game in native mode, (native mode is when you start the game while holding down the start or select button on the XL, while starting a ds game. This shrinks the Ds' games size.), the Ds game will be pixel for pixel the same as it is on a real DS lite and look as good as it did on a ds lite. On an XL, with the ds game in native mode, that ds game will be very close to being the same size as on a DS Lite.
It's only when you don't start a ds game in native mode that you get the odd stretching that makes the picture look a little fuzzy. This doesn't seem to be too bad on the XL.
If you do native mode on a ds game on an xl that picture for the ds game will still end up bigger then non native mode for that same ds game on a regular 3ds.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived