I ended up cancelling Animal Crossing NL pre-order and kept the Pokemon preorder

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I ended up cancelling Animal Crossing NL pre-order and kept the Pokemon preorder

User Info: Puddingchan

Puddingchan
4 years ago#1
I know the previous poll I made seems to suggest otherwise, but I finally decided to cancel my Animal Crossing New Leaf preorder today. My sibling helped in that decision.

I showed one of my younger siblings the gameplay of Animal Crossing New Leaf and although she seems interested in it, I found that she had the same problem with me on the game. The introductions by the Animal neighbours were pretty lengthy. There was hardly anything to excite. While I know it sold really well in Japan, I don't think this game is my cup of tea.

I had some fun times playing the DS version of Animal Crossing (especially with KK slider and some other permanent animal folks) but remembered that I found it boring after a while. I'm aware of the huge amount of customisation and the collecting, but I think this isn't the type of game I'm looking for.

On the contrary, I showed the Pokemon XY trailer and her opinion was that it seemed pretty interesting and she was excited about exploring the place. She wanted to watch me play it when I got it. I know my other sibling is also quite open to Pokemon, so I have decided that I am going to keep this preordered for now. The new video has convinced me further that the game would be something to look forward to.

User Info: Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994
4 years ago#2
get both

User Info: BigDaddyWingnut

BigDaddyWingnut
4 years ago#3
Sad to hear you won't be giving New Leaf a shot. I think you're really going to be missing out on something special. I'll be getting AC:NL and Pokemon Y. :D
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
SmashKing just equated liking Animal Crossing to supporting rape. Yep, that just happened. - Tzuba12

User Info: FAT____MAN

FAT____MAN
4 years ago#4
You're letting girl make your decisions for you? Oh lord haha.

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
4 years ago#5
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
Sad to hear you won't be giving New Leaf a shot. I think you're really going to be missing out on something special. I'll be getting AC:NL and Pokemon Y. :D

This.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.

User Info: ryudin89

ryudin89
4 years ago#6
Nightstar1994 posted...
get both

Really. I mean AC comes out next month while Pokemon comes out in October. It's not like you won't have money to buy both games _
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr

User Info: teamaquashock

teamaquashock
4 years ago#7
WitchBaby4200 posted...
BigDaddyWingnut posted...

This.
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
4 years ago#8
You should seriously get both
Black 2 FC: 2237-6383-5599 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM

User Info: hedgylove

hedgylove
4 years ago#9
Why does your little sister make your choices for you...I would never do that. I escaped my house ASAP when I was old enough to get away from my sisters haha.
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12

User Info: Puddingchan

Puddingchan
4 years ago#10
FAT____MAN posted...
You're letting girl make your decisions for you? Oh lord haha.

I already had the intention to cancel it, but I was somewhat undecided. Still, I'm not too excited by the videos. My sibling confirms what I thought of it. I'll just wait for someone with a second-hand copy if I really want to play this in the future.

ryudin89 posted...
Nightstar1994 posted...
get both

Really. I mean AC comes out next month while Pokemon comes out in October. It's not like you won't have money to buy both games _

It's great you can afford both though. I can afford both too, but there are other things I want to buy and I'll be taking a temporary break from employment for a while. Also, the games I have at the moment are more than sufficient for my June vacation.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I ended up cancelling Animal Crossing NL pre-order and kept the Pokemon preorder

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived