which folder am I supposed to transfer to new SD card?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. which folder am I supposed to transfer to new SD card?

User Info: mettlegear

mettlegear
3 years ago#1
i am doing a transfer from my 3DS to my new 3DS XL. there are 2 folders on my old card- 3DS and DCIM. my question is am I just copying the DCIM folder to the new card? since there is already a 3DS folder on the larger card, i dont know if overwriting it with the 3DS folder from the old card will cause problems.

also, am i supposed to do the system transfer first, or the SD card data transfer?

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
3 years ago#2
copy everything.
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!

mettlegear
3 years ago#3
but then wouldn't i have two "3DS" folders on the same card? is that ok?

User Info: LinkMaster2703

LinkMaster2703
3 years ago#4
You have to do a system transfer to get content from one 3DS to another. You can't just copy/paste.

mettlegear
3 years ago#5
yes, for the system transfer. but i'm asking about copying data from one SD card to another, and which folder/s i need to copy paste to the new card.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
3 years ago#6
But if you're just copying to a new SD card that you'll use on the same 3DS, you just copy the folders, correct?
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo, Zelda: Link's Awakening
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.

mettlegear
3 years ago#7
except that the SD card that came with my new 3DS XL already has a folder called "3DS" on it.
Should i just delete that and replace it with the "3DS" folder from my old SD card from my old 3DS?

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
3 years ago#8
yes
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!

mettlegear
3 years ago#9
ok, well i attempted to paste the old 3DS folder over the new one and it asked me if i wanted to add it to the folder, so i said yes. then it asked if i wanted to overwrite the same named files or just leave them, so i just left them alone.
ugh, hope i did it right- i dont know what it copied because once i put the card into my 3ds xl it didnt show that anything was on it, even though i copied over 1gb of stuff onto it from my old card.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. which folder am I supposed to transfer to new SD card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived