Violent Video Game Tax Proposal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Violent Video Game Tax Proposal

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
4 years ago#71
Stefan1277 posted...
Parents looking for a scapegoat to justify their horrible parenthood. Blame it on games, blame it on school, blame it on tv, blame it on their friends-- but never blame it on the tool parents. I literally saw a dumb guy buying his 5-7 year old son "Spawn Armageddon" (like 4 years ago) because "he really wanted it" after several warnings from the clerk to read the ratings before buying it. But hey whatever, let's blame it on everything else.

This post right here wins the board.
Every generation we make a new scape goat to hoist a flag against instead of our own miserable failings as parents.
1940s-50s "The Seduction of Innocent" brought the fight to Comic Books, calling them Hyper-Thyroid Might Makes right with no cognative portion.
After that it was the villianizing of rock music and eventually metal music in the 80s.
90s roll about and it's video games and still going.

The bigger problem is, pushing a video game button or pulling a trigger in no way shape or form has anything to do with REAL gun or weapon usage. Just because someone does it in a video game doesn't mean they CAN do it in real life.

An SANE person can see this, and in all honestly if a violent or mentally ill person wanted to kill or hurt someone, they would do it regardless of video games. We're just looking for a way out as to why they are messed up. Oh it's his environment, oh it's the games he played, oh his parent's didn't love him.
Maybe he was just screwed up... it's natural to think out angry actions... it's insane, mentally ill to actually act upon them.. then there is the horror, the realization of what had happened afterwards... and if there is remorse or not.

There is also a saying that video games desensitizes us to death. BULL, I've played many video games gorey and sentimental and death still affects me. When my mother died 4yrs ago I lost it for a year, just sunk into depression, when my cat of 13yrs died this year... I didn't leave the house for a week.
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.

User Info: WautraetsM

WautraetsM
4 years ago#72
Hail Ming hail. Emperor of the galaxy
Hail Ming hail. Ruler of the universe

Now THATS the kind of dictator we sorely need.
Kid Icarus: Uprising is like a screen thats barfing rainbows in my eyes.

User Info: _Izanagi_

_Izanagi_
4 years ago#73
So, when will they vote on this proposal?
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
''Typical entitled internet user.''ADHDguitar ''Your entitled to shut the f*** up.''Too_Cool_Rick

User Info: SSJ2__Gohan

SSJ2__Gohan
4 years ago#74
Stefan1277 posted...
Parents looking for a scapegoat to justify their horrible parenthood. Blame it on games, blame it on school, blame it on tv, blame it on their friends-- but never blame it on the tool parents. I literally saw a dumb guy buying his 5-7 year old son "Spawn Armageddon" (like 4 years ago) because "he really wanted it" after several warnings from the clerk to read the ratings before buying it. But hey whatever, let's blame it on everything else.

Well, I wouldn't call thát example bad parenting. We all know how kids are (as we've all been kids in the past): to them, killing in a game is normal. Who hasn't ever played as a kid the typical game where you form a gun with your hands, hide in the bushes and go "Pew! Pew! You're dead!" when you spotted another participant? Just because a game shows alot of blood doesn't change that for kids. Heck, what games don't deal with killing, or at least the illusion of killing? I know when I was a kid, we all called fainting Pokemon "killing them", to name an example. Of course, other M-rated themes, like sex, are a different case.

Well... I suppose I should rather say it like this: that example can possibly bad parenting indeed. If the father actually asked himself "can my son handle it?" and properly answered that question, no problem. But otherwise, bad parenting.

User Info: GamingSoHard

GamingSoHard
4 years ago#75
BrokenBandit84 posted...
Super_Chelsea posted...
America is a police state.

Your absolutely right If you consider "America" to be exclusively the States of California, New York, Massachussetts, Illinois and worst of all Washington D.C.. The rest of the country for the moment has sane laws. It's only in a handful of states and the federal government that is REALLY corrupt.

Thank goodness we have a divided FEDERAL government. When we have either one party rule(regardless of party) or heavy bipartisanship going on(see TARP), the country get really, really screwed up.

This country is lost when a guy like Obama can get reelected with the sheer amount of incompetence he has shown. People literally don't care and just want to be left alone on their ipads and text devices.

The Benghazi, IRS, and Reporter snooping scandals just reaffirms what I knew all along that he is a phony scumbag politician who has lied about everything in his life.

User Info: _Izanagi_

_Izanagi_
4 years ago#76
GamingSoHard posted...
BrokenBandit84 posted...
Super_Chelsea posted...
America is a police state.

Your absolutely right If you consider "America" to be exclusively the States of California, New York, Massachussetts, Illinois and worst of all Washington D.C.. The rest of the country for the moment has sane laws. It's only in a handful of states and the federal government that is REALLY corrupt.

Thank goodness we have a divided FEDERAL government. When we have either one party rule(regardless of party) or heavy bipartisanship going on(see TARP), the country get really, really screwed up.

This country is lost when a guy like Obama can get reelected with the sheer amount of incompetence he has shown. People literally don't care and just want to be left alone on their ipads and text devices.

The Benghazi, IRS, and Reporter snooping scandals just reaffirms what I knew all along that he is a phony scumbag politician who has lied about everything in his life.

That's just not it. Obama is worthless, yes, but Mitt Romney is even worse. Obama does nothing, but Romney would have done really bad things.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
PS4 master race. Xbox dONE.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Violent Video Game Tax Proposal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived