Can a normal 3DS's cartridge slot mess up and be unable to read games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can a normal 3DS's cartridge slot mess up and be unable to read games?

User Info: Rupin_Salesman

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#1
Okay, so I got a copy of Phantom Hourglass from GameStop and the sticker on the thing is all sticky and ****ed up. I cleaned it off really well, but not so much that it's not sticky at all (it's only sticky a little, it won't even stay on your finger). I put it in my 3DS afterwards and it had a little trouble getting out of the system, but not too much trouble. If I were to put that into my 3DS, would it mess up the inside of the system itself?
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario

User Info: x_stevey_x

x_stevey_x
4 years ago#2
did you try wiping the residue with a q tip and rubbing alcohol? that always removes sticker residue from my used games in about a minute

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#3
x_stevey_x posted...
did you try wiping the residue with a q tip and rubbing alcohol? that always removes sticker residue from my used games in about a minute

Yeah. It's pretty good now, but I'm still concerned.

User Info: x_stevey_x

x_stevey_x
4 years ago#4
i can't really answer your question as i would never stick anything that's still sticky into my system. i would think that the sticky residue could in theory get stuck inside the system and make it harder to read cartridges or insert/remove them. if i was unable to get the residue off completely i would go back and get a refund . not worth damaging a 200$ system over saving a few bucks on a used game. just my personal opinion . always inspect the game first before you agree to buy it. some used games can not only have sticker residue but filthy contacts, scratches, bite marks, excessive rattling inside, etc. a surprising amount of people treat their games like crap before they pawn them off. luckily gamestop is good with returns.

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#5
x_stevey_x posted...
i can't really answer your question as i would never stick anything that's still sticky into my system. i would think that the sticky residue could in theory get stuck inside the system and make it harder to read cartridges or insert/remove them. if i was unable to get the residue off completely i would go back and get a refund . not worth damaging a 200$ system over saving a few bucks on a used game. just my personal opinion . always inspect the game first before you agree to buy it. some used games can not only have sticker residue but filthy contacts, scratches, bite marks, excessive rattling inside, etc. a surprising amount of people treat their games like crap before they pawn them off. luckily gamestop is good with returns.

I got the game like, a year ago at GameStop, though. I just never got around to playing it. Maybe I should just get another copy of the game?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can a normal 3DS's cartridge slot mess up and be unable to read games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived