Never really played Zelda, which to try first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Never really played Zelda, which to try first?

User Info: MR_NONSTOP

MR_NONSTOP
4 years ago#1
I know the obvious answer is the first in the series, but has it aged well? Is there another game that's more accessible. The only time I touched a zelda game was when I rented Majora's Mask as a kid and I didn't enjoy it. I was expecting something different at the time.

Right now I have 10.00 extra left over from another download so I thought that would be a good option.

I see these available:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX
Zelda II
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages
Nintendo 3DS FC: 0576-4438-2528

User Info: masterplum

masterplum
4 years ago#2
Seasons
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
4 years ago#3
Link's Awakening DX is my pick. You kinda want to get Seasons and Ages together and Link's Awakening DX is a single game in the same style, so I'd go with that first.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

MR_NONSTOP
4 years ago#4
After watching the videos, I am sorta leaning towards Link's Awakening DX. It's from the same system as seasons/ages but standalone.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
4 years ago#5
MR_NONSTOP posted...
After watching the videos, I am sorta leaning towards Link's Awakening DX. It's from the same system as seasons/ages but standalone.

Go for it. It's not only about the convenience, it's also a magnificent game with great atmosphere. My favorite Zelda game and I've played all of them. :-)
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

MR_NONSTOP
4 years ago#6
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
MR_NONSTOP posted...

Go for it. It's not only about the convenience, it's also a magnificent game with great atmosphere. My favorite Zelda game and I've played all of them. :-)

Thank you, it's downloading right now.

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
4 years ago#7
Good thing you're playing the GB(C) games first. After playing LttP, I can't stand the controls on the GB. They're all good games, but the lack of trigger buttons is a major downer.
Regardless, have fun with it! It's a pretty good game and an interesting one for Zelda; lots of cameos.
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue
4 years ago#8
yeah I like LTTP a LOT more than the GBC games.
but go for links awakening, it's the GBC one right?
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.

User Info: itis41269

itis41269
4 years ago#9
If you never really played any zelda games id recommend Seasons to play first but awakening is just as good
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
I've secretly always wanted to ride in a Kangaroo pouch

User Info: WickedSickJosh

WickedSickJosh
4 years ago#10
MR_NONSTOP posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
MR_NONSTOP posted...

Thank you, it's downloading right now.

Good choice. It's definitely the best start for a Zelda beginner. It's fun and you're not overwhelmed with so many side-quests or item upgrades to get distracted.
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOA (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Never really played Zelda, which to try first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived