Transferring one game's backup data from one SD card to another

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Transferring one game's backup data from one SD card to another

User Info: NoobPwn3rBillio

NoobPwn3rBillio
4 years ago#1
I've found a bunch of articles online about transferring your save files to a new SD card, but I have backup data from a game on an old SD card that I'd like to move to a newer one that I've already been using for a while. Since the two SD cards seem to have so many similar files, I don't know what to transfer from one to the other to get that save data to the current SD card. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could help?
h

User Info: Devilot109

Devilot109
4 years ago#2
I need to bump this to ask, too. I tried renaming the relevant backup save directory to not conflict with my prior ones, then copying it over to the SD card I wanted to use, but it didn't work. I have a vague guess that maybe if I create backup data and then overwrite it, it might, but I'm not sure. Is there some other file I need to copy or edit? I really need to move Fire Emblem: Awakening over to a different SD card, and I don't want to lose my progress when I do. x.x;\
"That's ridiculous. what would a walrus do with a magic bag?" Pokeamida

User Info: Geminia999

Geminia999
4 years ago#3
I would like to also know because I would need this to move my stuff as well
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should

User Info: Devilot109

Devilot109
4 years ago#4
Hello...?
"That's ridiculous. what would a walrus do with a magic bag?" Pokeamida
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Transferring one game's backup data from one SD card to another

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived