Did the bank and its fee kill your hype for X/Y?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did the bank and its fee kill your hype for X/Y?

User Info: QuantumWolf

QuantumWolf
4 years ago#1
Did the bank and its fee kill your hype for X/Y? - Results (950 votes)
Yes. I shal't buy Pokemon games no more!
5.58% (53 votes)
A little. I'll still buy, but it's still an inconvenience
13.47% (128 votes)
Nay. I'll shal't still buy Pokemon games!
70% (665 votes)
I wasn't going to buy the game anyway
10.95% (104 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
3DS FC: 2878-9920-4061
Animal Crossing Dream World Address: 5300-2354-2403

User Info: Solar20xx

Solar20xx
4 years ago#2
No, because I really don't care about it.
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65

User Info: chocolatethund4

chocolatethund4
4 years ago#3
Spending $40 on a game and then end up not buying it because an optional $5 drives you away from it?
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699 Steam: chocolatethundr5

User Info: spealfan444

spealfan444
4 years ago#4
Why would it? Why are people complaining about a optional thing, that only requires $5 a year.
I mean, I would understand if it was every month, but that's not the case.
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
AC: New Leaf Dream Address: 5900-2254-6770. Come visit my town!

User Info: MCcake

MCcake
4 years ago#5
chocolatethund4 posted...
Spending $40 on a game and then end up not buying it because an optional $5 drives you away from it?

/Gamefaqs
Not changing this sig until Super Mario Galaxy 3 is announced for the 3DS. Started 8/29/13

User Info: Natatteru

Natatteru
4 years ago#6
Why would an optional feature which doesn't remove any already existing feature present in past games kill my hype for the game?

Not to mention it's $5 a year, c'mon...
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf

User Info: mumpsy21

mumpsy21
4 years ago#7
I never really had hype for it, and if I did it would have killed the hype, but I probably would still have bought it.
Nintendo FC: 2063-0552-1565
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf || FFIII || Kid Icarus: Uprising

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
4 years ago#8
I'm getting the games and the service. Seriously, why people are overreacting to a completely optional service is kinda baffling.

A $5 annual fee is reasonable. Cloud storage is expensive and there is a cost associated with server maintenance. Has anyone considered these aspects?

- With this service, you'll no longer have to worrying about losing pokemon you love if you wanted to start a new game. Just upload the pokemon then download them back into your new game. :-)

- We no longer have to be concerned about potential lack of backwards compatibility in future generations or spin-offs. This service could be used in spin-offs games like Pokemon Conquest 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: KGTrigger

KGTrigger
4 years ago#9
If anything it's made me happy to know so many turbonerds are getting upset over it, which makes me even more excited to play.

Although I wasn't that hyped for pokemon to begin with since, well, it's pokemon.
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben

User Info: Sagadego

Sagadego
4 years ago#10
Lord_Vishana posted...
I'm getting the games and the service. Seriously, why people are overreacting to a completely optional service is kinda baffling.

A $5 annual fee is reasonable. Cloud storage is expensive and there is a cost associated with server maintenance. Has anyone considered these aspects?

- With this service, you'll no longer have to worrying about losing pokemon you love if you wanted to start a new game. Just upload the pokemon then download them back into your new game. :-)

- We no longer have to be concerned about potential lack of backwards compatibility in future generations or spin-offs. This service could be used in spin-offs games like Pokemon Conquest 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

great post, too bad it'll be ignored.
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did the bank and its fee kill your hype for X/Y?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived