Is the 3DS ever getting SNES games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the 3DS ever getting SNES games?

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
3 years ago#41
How can they when they keep prioritizing NES games over everything else? I would also have to agree on the pirating thing.

The VC is kind of a joke now that I think about it... I still have a ton of old Gameboy games and it's really nice being able to have all of them on the go with a DS Flash cart. I can also transfer it to my Wii and play on there (same with the GC Gameboy Player) but I can't even do it the normal way. I'd actually PAY to use Wii Homebrew because I can transfer SNES/GBA/GB games between my GC/Wii/Wii U and DS/3DS. and the best part is how that since it's a ROM, if my system breaks, I can still keep the downloaded game and just transfer the game and it's save file to a different system.
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
3 years ago#42
I would like to have both eShops at least have the same NES games now. I would prefer to play Recca on the big screen than, say, Earthbound on a smaller screen. At least they should do that.

User Info: 21_21

21_21
3 years ago#43
Kinneth123 posted...
21_21 posted...
Kinneth123 posted...
I want to play Earthbound, and ordering a SNES and a copy that actually works is a difficult procedure that costs lots of time and money.

They're making it enormously difficult to do something when you and I both know they're fully capable of putting Earthbound on the 3DS and making it a simple and easy process.

Don't know if you already know or not, but Earthbound's available for WiiU VC.

I know, but I have a 3DS and not a Wii U.

They're perfectly capable of putting SNES on the 3DS but they're withholding it from us.

I understand. I was just pointing out that you'd have an easier time getting a WiiU and buying Earthbound from the VC. After all, you're the one that pointed out that it's hard to get a good cartridge for it.
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum

User Info: 21_21

21_21
3 years ago#44
But yeah, Nintendo's crazy for not putting SNES games up. If Sony's allowing PS1 games on Vita, I don't see how Nintendo can't even manage to pull off SNES games on eshop.
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum

User Info: SumomoYeah

SumomoYeah
3 years ago#45
They just don't like making money.

Why would you take your most wanted games and sell them on the WiiU/Wii when 90% of your customer base uses your HANDHELD console.

I wish they would get out of the TV Console business period.

And let's be honest. The millions of SNES games I wanna play, I'd rather play on a handheld that I can take with me. If i'm at home I"m on my 360 or PS3 playing current gen.

I cannot count the times I've had this convo with strangers/friends and they all ask WTF is Nintendo thinking. There shooting themselves in the foot.
psn ID: Evilmomo_FEAR Pokemon White 2 FC: Yomomo-3440-1377-3467
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the 3DS ever getting SNES games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived