For a first 3DS game, should I get Fire Emblem or 3D Land?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For a first 3DS game, should I get Fire Emblem or 3D Land?

User Info: RatheV

RatheV
4 years ago#11
Fire Emblem, easily. Not that 3D land isn't fantastic, but I imagine with your excitement over your new system, you're liable to finish it quickly.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 years ago#12
Diayamondo posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Depends. Fire Emblem will keep you involved longer but if you like Mario its hard to pass on 3D Land.

Yeah, I heard 3D Land is short.

That's NSMB2. 3D Land has 16 worlds with like 7 levels each. Some of them are duplicated as time trial levels and stuff later but a good 80% of the levels are unique. It's a fun game.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

User Info: Bikes-

Bikes-
4 years ago#13
I found 3D land fun but forgettable, Lent it from a friend, beat the non challenge stuff and never bothered to buy it or lend it again.

Fire Emblem I can't really judge because I can't get past chapter 3 (or 2 I forget which) although I'm playing on the highest difficulty and not a lot of time into it. The beginning suffers from all but one of your units being pretty much useless though >_>

Honestly I recommend Devil Survivor Overclocked instead (if you haven't played the DS version) plays similar to FE, but I found the combat to be more enjoyable and it's overall a fantastic game.
FC: 2921-9087-2265

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 years ago#14
3d land is good, but it's very short and half of the game are just altered versions of previous levels.

fire Emblem is a much bigger, deeper and overall better experience.
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...

User Info: Elias03R

Elias03R
4 years ago#15
PLAY GAMES TO GET A $20.00 ESHOP CARD AT http://www.3dsfriends.com/

User Info: DontMindIfIDo

DontMindIfIDo
4 years ago#16
3D Land is a good first game because it's short and easy to get in to. It was my first and made my system purchase worth it. But I bought it before Fire Emblem came out. Fire Emblem is good because it's lengthy and has a lot of content. It really depends on what you're looking for, something that's easy to pick up and play, or something that will keep you busy for a long time.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For a first 3DS game, should I get Fire Emblem or 3D Land?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived