Paying $0.99 US to make Mario jump higher

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paying $0.99 US to make Mario jump higher

User Info: Wereshovel

Wereshovel
3 years ago#1
If you had the option, would you pay?
It's going down. I'm yelling 'Tindo.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
3 years ago#2
There's like a 99% chance the game would be playable from start to finish without it, so...
Blah.

User Info: SoulRegalia

SoulRegalia
3 years ago#3
like mario games arent easy enough lol
Muhahahahahaha! Have you forgotten!? I am a demon! Your common sense doesn't work on me! To my lab!-Mao

User Info: RaccoonCity

RaccoonCity
3 years ago#4
It'd be a more realistic example to pay $1.99 to unlock a Golden Raccoon Suit or a Golden Fire Flower Suit. Something that will make the game super easy, but not something that just removes an artificial barrier (jump height).

edit: I mean, I know that shareholder or CEO or whoever made this point, but it was a stupid application of microtransactions.
"I dare you to make less sense."
FC: 2938-5923-5833

User Info: Plasma EXE

Plasma EXE
3 years ago#5
Geez why does this always come up?

And no. Mario games aren't that difficult besides the first game and lost levels. There's the P-wing and the Racoon Suit so why bother.
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyrogue/Sawk/Meditite

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#6
Unless the game is free-to-play, there is no justification for any sort of microtransactions.

User Info: anonman

anonman
3 years ago#7
when a mario game has micro-transactions I'll know gaming is dying.
you die because clowns or you live long enough for a giant spike ball to kill you anyway

User Info: arclouks_x

arclouks_x
3 years ago#8
The point of this is to make some areas unreachable unless you pay for that microtransaction, I wouldnt get it but im not a huge fan of platformers
PSN:JustArc_ 3DS FC: 4527-9298-6268
Now playing:Final Fantasy X HD, The Legend of Zelda:ALBW, Demon's Souls.

User Info: mrjack3112

mrjack3112
3 years ago#9
arclouks_x posted...
The point of this is to make some areas unreachable unless you pay for that microtransaction, I wouldnt get it but im not a huge fan of platformers

A completionist nightmare

User Info: Plasma EXE

Plasma EXE
3 years ago#10
arclouks_x posted...

That's never really been a problem in Mario games though. That's be a colossal **** move though making a stage impossible to complete without paying more to make him jump further (in a 2D Mario sense) lol. Anyhow whoever the person is that came up with this idea really should stop getting the attention for this and die in obscurity.
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyrogue/Sawk/Meditite
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paying $0.99 US to make Mario jump higher

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived