Zelda VC games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Zelda VC games

User Info: jaZzyjeff818

jaZzyjeff818
3 years ago#21
Is completing ALttP necessary before diving into Link's Awakening?
3DS Friend Code: 0061-0946-6134

User Info: Webby-sama

Webby-sama
3 years ago#22
No.

User Info: Boomerang78

Boomerang78
3 years ago#23
jaZzyjeff818 posted...

No, but ALTTP is probably something you should complete before Link's Awakening for some neat callbacks.

User Info: ALinkAlone

ALinkAlone
3 years ago#24
I would definitely recommend Link's Awakening before you play OOA/OOS.

Link's Awakening is a direct offshoot of A Link To The Past, but at the same time the game is brilliantly unique and utilizes the Game Boy perfectly. It has a really, really GOOD storyline (I won't go into it too much because I don't want to spoil it for you), but it's twisted AND heart wrenching at the same time. Which is amazing, because the game is a Game Boy game, after all.

OOA and OOS were made by Capcom, but they reuse massive amounts of the sprites from this game, so they have less of a unique flavor to them.
R.I.P Razieru. The apologists were too much for one mortal man.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
3 years ago#25
ALinkAlone posted...
I would definitely recommend Link's Awakening before you play OOA/OOS.

Link's Awakening is a direct offshoot of A Link To The Past, but at the same time the game is brilliantly unique and utilizes the Game Boy perfectly. It has a really, really GOOD storyline (I won't go into it too much because I don't want to spoil it for you), but it's twisted AND heart wrenching at the same time. Which is amazing, because the game is a Game Boy game, after all.

OOA and OOS were made by Capcom, but they reuse massive amounts of the sprites from this game, so they have less of a unique flavor to them.

Basically this, the oracles games are my favourite Zelda games with no exception but you really should experience Link's Awakening first.

jaZzyjeff818
3 years ago#26
Got Link's Awakening. Next I'll play the oracle games starting with ages

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
3 years ago#27
jaZzyjeff818 posted...

Not at all, but ALttP is the best Zelda game IMO and I would recommend you play it eventually.

jaZzyjeff818
3 years ago#28
samuraigaiden posted...
jaZzyjeff818 posted...

Not at all, but ALttP is the best Zelda game IMO and I would recommend you play it eventually.

I have played it I just never finished it. I really wish it would come to the 3DS eshop or else I'm gonna have to settle with the Wii U VC.

User Info: Dante200X

Dante200X
3 years ago#29
jaZzyjeff818 posted...
I really wish it would come to the 3DS eshop.

Me too...and lots of other SNES games :(

Anyways, Zelda 1 is definitely worth a buy. Even though it's the oldest it's still fairly good and it's nice to see where the series started.
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#30
Link's awakening is the best one on vc,imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxYoKjax9mo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Zelda VC games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived