Cannot install the newest system update

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Cannot install the newest system update

User Info: Weuxtron

Weuxtron
3 years ago#1
Whenever I try to install the newest update, I get the message: "An error has occured. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted".
The installation progress bar reaches different levels at each try before the error occurs.
3ds FC: 4468-1148-9268
Currently playing: Nothing in particular.

User Info: Zorlac

Zorlac
3 years ago#2
I had trouble with it as well. Finally started just now.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!!
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666 3DS 1075-1487-9342

User Info: sunny_red51

sunny_red51
3 years ago#3
Did you try installing it through the System Settings? I had trouble and tried many times through the eShop (I didn't get the Spotpass). Finally, I tried through System Settings and it went through. It took a while to get it installed, but it worked. Hope you can get it! I finally got into the eShop normally.

User Info: Weuxtron

Weuxtron
3 years ago#4
sunny_red51 posted...
Did you try installing it through the System Settings? I had trouble and tried many times through the eShop (I didn't get the Spotpass). Finally, I tried through System Settings and it went through. It took a while to get it installed, but it worked. Hope you can get it! I finally got into the eShop normally.

I tried installing it through the eShop the first time, then I went to system settings for the other tries.
3ds FC: 4468-1148-9268
Currently playing: Nothing in particular.

User Info: Nashew

Nashew
3 years ago#5
Not working for me either. I've tried twice, once through the eshop and once through system settings.
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!

User Info: King_of_Flan

King_of_Flan
3 years ago#6
Still not working for me either.
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
3DS FC: 0061-0713-5038 All five Battle Maison trophies in Pokemon X on 4/15/2014

User Info: Sonytendo

Sonytendo
3 years ago#7
I think I know what your problem is. The stability update itself isn't very stable. You need to update to 8.0 before you can update to 8.0.

User Info: metallica621

metallica621
3 years ago#8
Last night I had this problem, I did it though system settings and it worked, the e-shop was working fine, but today it saying i need to update again and I keep getting the error again
"Guns Don't kill people, husbands that come home early do."

User Info: MayorofParadise

MayorofParadise
3 years ago#9
I've probably tried more than 10 times now, and it's still not working.
3DS FC: 3196-3159-6962

User Info: Cookie_Aroma

Cookie_Aroma
3 years ago#10
I can't install it either through system settings. I say just wait it out and try tonight/tomorrow instead of trying over and over (and killing the server).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Cannot install the newest system update

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived