Pokemon Generations 1 has not aged well...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Generations 1 has not aged well...

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
1 year ago#71
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...
Saying something didn't age well is nothing more than a classy way of saying that it's not good because it's old.

Untrue, something like Chrono Trigger has aged far better than say Pokemon Gen 1 both looks and mechanics wise.
I am strong... I am wise... I am handsome... And I am right! Always! More than anybody!
-Narshen (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade)

User Info: Xman490

Xman490
1 year ago#72
bowser1985 posted...
Personally, every generation has felt faster and smoother than the one preceding it. I mean when going from one move in battle to the next, or when moving pokémon around in boxes. If I were to go back to a Gen 4 game from Gen 5, for example, and got into a battle, everything would feel like molasses.

But that does not hold true in Gen 6. Every battle requires several seconds for each 3D Pokemon model to pop out, even on New 3DS. It's such a slog that it's the only gen I have never finished.
Got: PS Vita - Black Friday 2013, Wii U - Christmas 2013, PC with Nvidia GTX 860M - mid-2014, PS4 - Black Friday 2014, New 3DS - Feb. 2015 launch

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
1 year ago#73
IMO, the glitches added to the fun. I had zero problems with glitches until I went out of my way to use glitches, which wasn't until after I beat the game once.
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob

User Info: JXspeedway

JXspeedway
1 year ago#74
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...
Saying something didn't age well is nothing more than a classy way of saying that it's not good because it's old.

But alot of old games are really good!

Examples:

Kirby Super Star
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Yoshi's Island
A flash breaks darkness, Face a dying world, All for a new world, Souls are lead to their final salvation.

User Info: MT_TRAEH

MT_TRAEH
1 year ago#75
dwdwdw6 posted...
It has not aged well, but the same can be said about the first games of many popular video game series'.

this, i just wished they make a gen 1 remake with the latest mechanics from the latest gen with it latest pokes, why dont they do that? why?????

themegaman7 posted...
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...

Untrue, something like Chrono Trigger has aged far better than say Pokemon Gen 1 both looks and mechanics wise.

yeah, chrono trigger didnt age because there want enough sequels!!!! we will never know how polished a chrono game in 2015 compared to cross/trigger
One must live, one must die. A dud!?! Whose crazy idea was this anyway?
To check time, press the action button. This is Soldier, arriving shortly in your ass!

User Info: impossible2beat

impossible2beat
1 year ago#76
JXspeedway posted...
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...

Examples:

Kirby Super Star
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Yoshi's Island

all three of those games were bad and to this day remain that way
3DS FC: 2320-6131-1443 IGN: GrayFox

User Info: JXspeedway

JXspeedway
1 year ago#77
impossible2beat posted...
JXspeedway posted...
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...

Examples:

Kirby Super Star
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Yoshi's Island

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, so let's leave it at that.
A flash breaks darkness, Face a dying world, All for a new world, Souls are lead to their final salvation.

User Info: impossible2beat

impossible2beat
1 year ago#78
JXspeedway posted...
impossible2beat posted...
JXspeedway posted...
ItsJyroNotGyro posted...

Examples:

Kirby Super Star
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Yoshi's Island

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, so let's leave it at that.

lol that was an admirable way to reply to my clearly antagonistic reply. touche
3DS FC: 2320-6131-1443 IGN: GrayFox

User Info: PuddleofLemon

PuddleofLemon
1 year ago#79
Played through red recently, and as a single player game (as in disregarding any competitive aspects) it's so much fun, it's nice to not consider ivs evs etc and focus on exploration and collection, real back to basics gameplay. And I say that with no shortage of shameless nostalgia when it comes to soundtrack and graphics. I try not to be overly critical and enjoy the 1st generation games for what they are. Hours of fun.

User Info: HurricaneManning

HurricaneManning
1 year ago#80
none of the glitches really ruin the game

it's just a ton of quality of life things that do
BOILER UP!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Generations 1 has not aged well...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived