point of new 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. point of new 3ds?

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
1 year ago#1
Do many of you see an actual worthwhile purchase for a ''new'' 3ds system.

My thoughts initially for getting it was for the added analog , and the fact that they mentioned that there would be some ''new'' 3ds exclusives.

What a joke the ''exclusive'' part was because i really only see 2 titles since a year of release ...

The more i think about it the more it seems like a waste , the extra speed in hardware doesn't seem like i would take advantage of since i have a phone, pc or tablet that i could use to surf the web much faster and better.

I was waiting for the smaller version of the ''new'' 3ds to hit north America but it seems its only available in special limited editions at the moment.

Opinions?

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
1 year ago#2
I never owned a regular 3DS, so when I became interested in it (last year) I just bought the New 3DS. If I already had a regular 3DS I would have never even thought about getting the new one.

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
1 year ago#3
I had the ALBW edition of the 3DS XL and I bought the Hyrule edition of the N3DS. Worth it to me but it's a personal call you need to make for yourself.

The super stable 3D makes it worth playing games in 3D for me.

I like the bigger screens so I'll always get the bigger version.

User Info: kenji1000

kenji1000
1 year ago#4
Yeah i only bought a new xl when the majoras mask one came out, my OG3ds had gotten stolen out of my car while at work and the system i replaced it with was an Og3dsXL that honestly was really good but the hinge randomly broke on me so it was time to upgrade.

Edit: Nintendo always suckers me into collectable Zelda stuff.

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
1 year ago#5
1. Better 3D
2. Faster downloading of software
3. Enhanced games (e.g. Smash Bros. MH4U, and soon Hyrule Warriors)
4. Exclusive games (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Binding of Isaac)
5. Exclusive SNES VC.
6. Custom faceplates (regular size N3DS only)
7. Built in C-pad Pro.

If that's not enough to own a N3DS, then I don't know what to tell you other than to not be so greedy for something that is just a hardware revision and not a whole new system.
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971

User Info: acerola-orion

acerola-orion
1 year ago#6
i remember a time when people on this board foolishly compared the 3ds/new 3ds to the gameboy/gameboy color

ungood times

User Info: peppercornpoo

peppercornpoo
1 year ago#7
Zanimar posted...
I don't know what to tell you other than to not be so greedy for something that is just a hardware revision and not a whole new system.

That's a meaningless distinction.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
1 year ago#8
acerola-orion posted...
i remember a time when people on this board foolishly compared the 3ds/new 3ds to the gameboy/gameboy color

ungood times

I must've missed that. I do remember a slightly more accurate DS/DSi comparison...

User Info: Yubbus

Yubbus
1 year ago#9
^ 0 Karma troll alt. EDIT, oops the one above. Someone beat me to post.
Congratulations! Your credit card has been successfully recorded! Tales of this historic moment will be told and retold down through the generations. Way to go!

User Info: TsurugiTetsuya

TsurugiTetsuya
1 year ago#10
point of getting an iphone 6S when i had a iphone 5S? because more power and i can.
Gureto MajinGa Has been an ICON on Manga since early 70s, if you never heard of it, you don't know manga or anime.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. point of new 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived