Transferring from an old 3ds to a new one...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Transferring from an old 3ds to a new one...

User Info: majinbuu58

majinbuu58
1 year ago#1
Are you supposed to lose saved games + downloaded games? After I transferred to the new 3ds, i didn't really have anything on there.. Looks like the only thing that transferred was my eshop account.
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
1 year ago#2
Did you copy everything to the new microSD card?
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.

majinbuu58
1 year ago#3
I did the ds to ds transfer. It was supposed to move every other than delete everything on the old one. Both my 3DSes are basically empty now
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
1 year ago#4
Again, did you copy the contents of the original SD card as the last step and paste them to the destination system's SD card?
Everything is on the SD card. Did you not read the prompts on the screens when doing the system transfer?
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

majinbuu58
1 year ago#5
TinyTim123 posted...
Again, did you copy the contents of the original SD card as the last step and paste them to the destination system's SD card?
Everything is on the SD card. Did you not read the prompts on the screens when doing the system transfer?

Guess not. Everything was 100% automatic when i did it from my old school 3ds to my first new 3ds xl.

But i fixed it. I just switched sd cards.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 year ago#6
Although painfully SLOW, if the target 3ds has an sd card large enough, there is an option to let the system move over the data wirelessly. with this method you do not have to switch sd card or attempt any copying.
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
1 year ago#7
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Although painfully SLOW, if the target 3ds has an sd card large enough, there is an option to let the system move over the data wirelessly. with this method you do not have to switch sd card or attempt any copying.

That's ONLY transferring from an original model 3DS to New 3DS. It is not an option available when transferring from New to New, or from original models to another orignal model.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Transferring from an old 3ds to a new one...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived