Which Zelda GBC game should I play first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which Zelda GBC game should I play first?

User Info: Spire88

Spire88
4 months ago#1
Which way is more chronology/story/cannon accurate? - Results (106 votes)
Seasons THEN Ages
67.92% (72 votes)
Ages THEN Seasons
32.08% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which is better to start with, and is there any "codes" I should know when starting each?

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
4 months ago#2
Story is the same regardless. So just pick whichever color / mechanic suits your fancy at the time being. I always suggest Seasons first as Ages is a bit more creative on most fronts, so save the best for last. But it's negligible.
Roses are red, violets are blue
There are no objects in PUs.

User Info: LoZguy709

LoZguy709
4 months ago#3
They are meant to be "either-or," but most interpretations (ex: the manga and just considering the order in which the games were developed) seem to weigh in favor of Seasons coming first.

The first time through, I did Ages->Seasons and to this day I still have a bias toward Ages. Even nostalgia aside, it has a much better, developed story, going beyond the mere "rescue the damsel from the big Hulky monster dude."

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 months ago#4
Some of the puzzles in Oracle of Ages are annoying though tbh.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
4 months ago#5
Link's Awakening is the best.

User Info: HyperonicX

HyperonicX
4 months ago#6
Seasons then Ages is how I do it.

Get the Red Ring in Seasons, transfer it over to Ages, and you're all set for the game.

But it's up to you, TC, to decide which game to play in which order.
Caboose: That also led to a discovery of a land to the north, which Kolumbo called Canada. Canada is Spanish for "You're welcome!"
Sarge: WHAT!?

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 months ago#7
Neither. Start with Link's Awakening.

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
4 months ago#8
HyperonicX posted...
Seasons then Ages is how I do it.

Get the Red Ring in Seasons, transfer it over to Ages, and you're all set for the game.

But it's up to you, TC, to decide which game to play in which order.

This was exactly my reasoning for voting. Red Ring FTW!

User Info: xoftheuniverse

xoftheuniverse
4 months ago#9
To be honest it's not a big deal which you start with but I liked Ages more than Seasons.
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
4 months ago#10
I think that if you are going to do both, then to Season first. (But if you are only going to play one, then play Ages.)

There is no difference in chronology/story order. The game actually makes it so that one is a sequel of the other, in whatever order you play them in, when you enter the code you get from the end of your first game into the second — but the events of the game have nothing to do with each other so it doesn't really matter.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which Zelda GBC game should I play first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived