Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

User Info: ScytheXero

ScytheXero
2 months ago#1
I took mine back after a series of defects I couldn't live with. The hinge lifted on the left side when pressing the trigger, extremely loose D pad, the worst and cheapest buttons I have ever pressed on a hand held. That was on two models so I guess it's common to have those issues but I wasn't having it on a 150 dollar device. My 2DS doesn't even feel as cheap and it's never given me issues either. Some reviews I read praised the hinge as being better, and they have all said the same information like they were being told what to say. What they didn't tell you is that the creases from cut plastic can dig into your skin, that the buttons are loose after they claim they're tight and firm or that even though the handheld is smaller but the buttons are bigger which induces more hand cramps. Seriously? Why is no one talking about this? I am a pretty big Nintendo fan boy but even I am disappointed at this model. This is supposed to end the 3DS and it's something I wouldn't even buy for my kids as much as it feels it's falling apart. I got to pre order the scarlet red 2ds and bought two games for my return so it's not a huge lose. I just wish this turned out better. If any one has nothing but good things to say about this model then please, explain. The only thing I can think great it had going was the screens. They were beautiful looking for TN screens but this doesn't warrant the price they want for it.
Oh, Jesus, this place makes my head hurt.

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
2 months ago#2
3DSXL > 2DSXL
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#3
ObZen46 posted...
3DSXL > 2DSXL

2DSXL is better.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
2 months ago#4
SeamusOHassey posted...
ObZen46 posted...
3DSXL > 2DSXL

2DSXL is better.

Nope.
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
2 months ago#5
ObZen46 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
ObZen46 posted...
3DSXL > 2DSXL

2DSXL is better.

Nope.

Reasons the New2DSXL is superior to the New3DSXL:

* Don't need a screwdriver to remove the Micro SD Card.
* Comes with a charger
* Flap that covers the game keeps dust out.
* Sleeker design makes it lighter, more comfortable to hold, and easier to fit in your pocket.
* Home button is in a more convenient location.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: ScytheXero

ScytheXero
2 months ago#6
GenerationX-Men posted...
ObZen46 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
ObZen46 posted...
3DSXL > 2DSXL

2DSXL is better.

Nope.

Reasons the New2DSXL is superior to the New3DSXL:

* Don't need a screwdriver to remove the Micro SD Card.
* Comes with a charger
* Flap that covers the game keeps dust out.
* Sleeker design makes it lighter, more comfortable to hold, and easier to fit in your pocket.
* Home button is in a more convenient location.

Those really don't make the system better. You can buy a 32gb SD card and only have to take the back off once. All ds systems have the game cartridge where you can see it and a lot still function fine. That sounds really OCD from your point of view. The sleeker design is nothing more but less materials to make it shorter with bigger button lay out...once again hand cramp city. That home button lay out is a PITA to get used to pushing. Every model has it layer out in the bottom center......im not too sure on the og 3ds. It's your opinion and I respect it....I just don't agree with it at all.
Oh, Jesus, this place makes my head hurt.

User Info: nowshining

nowshining
2 months ago#7
well on mine the top screen is sharp, can even view in a somewhat sunny position, as for the bottom screen meh, it somewhat sucks to see, and not as sharp...Otherwise a good unit...
See Profile For More Info.: https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/bio - Train=Choo Choo, & https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/games/owned

User Info: Fatkid-Icarus

Fatkid-Icarus
2 months ago#8
IPS > TN

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#9
Well, after a day or two of thinking I bought another 3ds anyway (got to change my old one). 2ds is cheaper, smaller and lighter compared to a 3dsxl. The home button is in a good position, the cartridge cover reduce dust problems and SD card is finally easily accessible. Not to mention that it looks good. Still the cons outweight pros for me given my personal preferences. Volume slider was put in a very uncomfortable position just below your left palm, the speakers were relocated where you may easily cover them (I often lay my 3ds over me to minimize the effort and the part where the speakers are right now would be covered almost always) and from a sound "test" I saw online it looks like they are lower quality too. For an ergonomic device, those sharp edges will become quite uncomfortable during longer sessions. Screens looks good, but I had the impression that they lack in contrast. Was lucky enough to find a top IPS screen on my N3DSXL and it looks way better.
The 2DS may be cheaper, but if you had a job 50 euros doesn't change that much for a device you may want to use daily for the upcoming years. It's smaller and lighter, but not that much to actually make a big difference (still bigger than N3DS). The SD card is there, but I personally never had to change it in the last 3 years so it's not that important to me. Buying mostly physical and a 16-32gb card is big enough to have every digital exclusive I may want. The home button relocation is not that important and the covered cartridge slot may be not that important as well once you take into account the cons compared to a 3DSXL. By the way, my game boy still works well and it have no cover so with care you can avoid problems. But, honestly, that cover with SD card relocation is the only real pro for me.

User Info: arrrdunla

arrrdunla
2 months ago#10
STFU. New 2DS or 3DS, regular or the XL versions are all great devices. Nintendo knows how to make a quality handheld.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived