Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
2 months ago#31
arrrdunla posted...
iMURDAu posted...
arrrdunla posted...
STFU. New 2DS or 3DS, regular or the XL versions are all great devices. Nintendo knows how to make a quality handheld.

Is that why I had shoulder buttons continually crapping out on my OG 3DS which forced me into buying a New 3DS? How about the fact that my top screen would've been scratched to hell if I didn't use screen protectors on my OG? I've got no complaints about my New 3DS or my son's 3DS XL though.

When you make tens of millions of something there's going to be some problems somewhere.

It's your fault not Nintendo's problem. Nintendo sells 60-70 million 3DS. Expecting every unit to be perfect is impossible. Nothing is perfect.

But, but, you said Nintendo knows how to make a quality handheld. Which they do. Overall. But I guess I'm the only person who had shoulder button issues and/or top screen pressure on my OG 3DS.

*psst, don't search this board for either of those issues* https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds?search=screen+scratch

Seriously though how can you shill so hard by saying STFU they're all great devices, Nintendo knows how to make a quality handheld and then turn right around and say nothing is perfect when legitimate complaints are (again) brought to your attention?

I really like how I mentioned when you make tens of millions of something there's going to be problems and you made that the consumer's fault for expecting their unit to be "perfect" which really means free of defects that hinder normal operation.

So which is it? Do they make a quality handheld or do some models have issues? Because you said they can't be perfect, it has to be the latter. Thank you, you're welcome.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
2 months ago#32
While I did have to return 2 defective consoles (and I had to return some N3DS consoles as well), I love mine. The only real flaw in the design for me is the vibration from the speakers. If you want good sound out of a handheld though, you're gonna be using headphones anyway.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
2 months ago#33
My personal reasons why the N2DSXL is better as the N3DSXL:

+ The C-Stick on the N2DSXL is easier handled, this is because it isn't blocked by the henge.
+ The N2DSXL gives me less cramps in my hands.
+ The N2DSXL comes with a charger.
+ The N2DSXL is lighter, easier to hold due to the smaller size then the N3DSXL.
+ The home button on the N2DSXL is easier to reach.
+ Can play all 3DS Games.
+ The sides don't cut inside my hand after a playing session.

- It can't play games in 3D.
- The N3DSXL doesn't feel cheap (smooth design) in comparison with the N2DSXL.
Take every chance you want to make and fulfill it till the end ~DASHWOOD
15/09/2017 Metroid SR Legacy edition confirmed for me! MSR Amiibo's pre-ordered.

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
2 months ago#34
people are praising it because its a solid handheld
your rare misfortune isnt a factor
KPop

User Info: Putzzz

Putzzz
2 months ago#35
Lets see:

Speakers are in a very bad position.

Good luck changing the battery(watch you tube video).

Pinner stylus

Outer casing scratches very easily.

Hinge is floppy right out of the box.

No IPS screens.

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#36
n00bsaib0t posted...
About the cart cover, this f***er got made for a reason.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/weirdness_these_push_guards_for_the_new_nintendo_3ds_will_stop_game_cards_from_popping_out

But keep pretending the cart cover isn't something people want.

In 4 years it never happened to me to have the game cart "popping out"... I don't know what you have to do to experience this issue

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#37
Cocco posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/weirdness_these_push_guards_for_the_new_nintendo_3ds_will_stop_game_cards_from_popping_out

In 4 years it never happened to me to have the game cart "popping out"... I don't know what you have to do to experience this issue

By the way, I've just read the article and it seems that the author himself is quite skeptical about whether the issue actually is an issue or not.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 months ago#38
Cocco posted...
Cocco posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

By the way, I've just read the article and it seems that the author himself is quite skeptical about whether the issue actually is an issue or not.

It's been an issue here, as well as elsewhere. You can search here. I'll provide an external source.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/42iz5i/game_card_keeps_accidentally_popping_out_on_new/

And I know I've had mine pop out in my pocket as well, so has my brother. It's spring loaded, any pressure will eject it.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
2 months ago#39
I tried out the New 2ds XL and wasn't impressed. The stylus is too short, the flap at the bottom annoys me. Instead I went with the Samus Special Edition XL. It looks cool and after hearing GameXplain talk about how the 3d effect is the best they've ever seen, i'd rather have the option to use it.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 months ago#40
TheDreadedZero posted...
I tried out the New 2ds XL and wasn't impressed. The stylus is too short, the flap at the bottom annoys me. Instead I went with the Samus Special Edition XL. It looks cool and after hearing GameXplain talk about how the 3d effect is the best they've ever seen, i'd rather have the option to use it.

Agreed with stylus.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why are so many people praising the New 2DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived