Time is correct in 3ds games but not ds games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Time is correct in 3ds games but not ds games?

User Info: NerdyVegetables

NerdyVegetables
2 months ago#1
So, the time is perfect in my 3ds games but I turned on my old copy of pokemon pearl at midnight last night and it was day time.
Just turned it on again around 5:30 pm and it's day again.
Is there something I should change in my system settings or has the clock battery for the game died or something? (not sure if ds games even have those but I know gba does. Making a guess.)
Thanks.
PSN/Xbox Live/Nintendo Network ID: Neozoo800
3DS Friend Code: 4425 - 2353 - 6717

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 months ago#2
When your at the main screen of your system before starting any game and you look at the upper screen in the upper right corner what time does your 3ds say and what time is it in real life?
There is no battery in pokemon pearl it uses the time your system is set to.
If your system is set to 5:30pm then it should say 17:30 and it should still be daylight in the game.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
2 months ago#3
Daytime at 5:30PM sounds accurate to me. Only near the winter (and with DST not active) does that come anywhere near nighttime.

User Info: NerdyVegetables

NerdyVegetables
2 months ago#4
Playsaver posted...
When your at the main screen of your system before starting any game and you look at the upper screen in the upper right corner what time does your 3ds say and what time is it in real life?
There is no battery in pokemon pearl it uses the time your system is set to.
If your system is set to 5:30pm then it should say 17:30 and it should still be daylight in the game.

The time is correct on the system, wrong in the game.
PSN/Xbox Live/Nintendo Network ID: Neozoo800
3DS Friend Code: 4425 - 2353 - 6717

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
2 months ago#5
What does the in-game time say? The bottom screen does have a clock as one of its modes in DP.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 months ago#6
Thunderbird8 posted...
What does the in-game time say? The bottom screen does have a clock as one of its modes in DP.

Yeah, there is an analog one and a digital one. Check the digital one in game. You just have to keep pushing that red button on the bottom screen till it comes up.
If all is correct then your just mistaking twilight (dusk/dawn) for daylight. If your time is correct in the game then there is no way for it to working wrong since the game takes the time from your system.

User Info: MaxStar360

MaxStar360
2 months ago#7
@NerdyVegetables

ACTUALLY...

The 3DS has a separate clock for DS games (God knows why...)

Under the System Settings somewhere will be the option to setup your DS profile on your 3DS (are you following? Sorry, gets a bit hard to explain) Here it will boot up the old DS system settings screen and you can adjust the clock from here long with all the other DS settings.

That said... it should be exactly the same clock time as the 3DS unless you have changed one of them at least once before.

I know this from when I was transferring Pokemon between SS and HG using my 3DS's.

Albeit, this was last done on my OG 3DSXL so the New models may have changed this but I really doubt it.
I yearn for a kindred soul, knowing full well I'll never find one. Ah, such are the whims of fate...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Time is correct in 3ds games but not ds games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived