help me decide: conquest or awakening?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. help me decide: conquest or awakening?

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 months ago#11
luka-p posted...
so awakening is definitley the better way to go, and is a better overall game compared to conquest??

Here we go, I called it.

Awakening is an horrid piece of game design in terms of mechanics, but some kids adore it because they can grind as they want, as high stats are somehow more valued in their mind than a challenging and entertaining level design. Go figure. Hey mommy, look at my large, flashy numbers. Much fun
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: bigtim777

bigtim777
4 months ago#12
The script/story is bad in all Awakening/Fates.

Fates wins because it has the better lore / characters / gameplay / maps and enemy AI.
Mutton, fresh mutton!

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 months ago#13
Don't listen to trolls, they're both great games.

Fire Emblem never used to allow for grinding. Now they do like every other RPG out there, but somehow a bunch of self-proclaimed "old-school" fans can't get over it and hate on the new games. Like with any RPG, you can grind and make them easier, or, like with any RPG, you can just not do that.

As far as Awakening vs Conquest? I think Awakening has the stronger story. When it comes to Conquest it's hard for me to separate it from Birthright/Revelation/DLC because they all come together to really make the story of Fates. Conquest on its own is more challenging and actually doesn't allow for grinding without DLC.

All in all the games aren't all that different. Awakening has the better story and is probably a better entry point, but Conquest has slightly better gameplay and has just as likable a cast of characters. I'd just go with whichever premise seems more appealing to you.
"De edu sud tovouk General Scales!" - General Scales, Star Fox Adventures
StarD86 is forever my hero!

User Info: BlueBoy675

BlueBoy675
4 months ago#14
Fire Emblem DID have grinding in the form of arenas. Arenas were high risk/high reward as you could die which would mean restarting the chapter if you wanted the character back. It was a way of implementing grinding while keeping a challenge. The Tellius games also had bonus exp which you got for fulfilling certain objectives. You could then use that to get a few free levels on some units. Once again, you had to work for it and earn it.

The grinding in the newer games is just mind numbing.
Hope rides alone

User Info: luka-p

luka-p
4 months ago#15
thank you guys for the replies! i think i'll buy awakening, as it seems more of a standalone game compared to conquest. (but on a side note maybe i'll end up buying both lol)
roses are red, bees make honey
it's not yet time for love, gotta make money
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. help me decide: conquest or awakening?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived