PSA: you can't play Metroid Returns on hardest difficulty without Amiibo

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. PSA: you can't play Metroid Returns on hardest difficulty without Amiibo

User Info: nikowwf

nikowwf
2 months ago#71
Why is this a PSA? Why is it not just stating it?

User Info: cd125

cd125
2 months ago#72
lol everyone's is gonna be mad but whatever
I already have my preorder for ALL OF THE SAMUS RETURNS 3DS gear.
That means the system, the dual pack amiibos, AND the limited edition copy of the game.
Oh no I'm buying something that I worked really hard to get and most of you will say how can you fall prey to Nintendo ? Sorry I like work for my nice things lmfao. And even then, it's like 40 for the game and maybe 20ish for the amiibos. So in total that's about the cost of a console game. You guys really don't have that much money ? Some of y'all need to get real jobs and stop working at mcdees and jack in the box.
Lololol complaining about a company making money lmfao I guess that must be news to everyone

Blog FAQs
3DS FC 3024-9299-0628 ign (omega) kev
3DS XL FC 5086-5294-6678 ign (alpha) kev (PSN- the_otsutsuki)

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
2 months ago#73
What bothers me about it isn't the extra cost. Its that it requires the physical amiibo. That means even if they wanted to buy it, a lot of people will not be able to. They never make enough amiibos. So a lot of people are going to be upset, and justifiably so.
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup

User Info: Herbette

Herbette
2 months ago#74
Solibrae posted...
Herbette posted...
jimi_dini posted...
We are already getting annoyed by new-Nintendo.

You should know there is nothing "new" in those practices. Locking some cosmetic and unessential bonuses behind connected products is something with old occurrences.
What is new is people being upset by it. When Metroid Prime get a full game locked as a bonus for those having a GBA, Metroid4 and a cable link, i honestly don't remember fans crying nor calling to boycott the game.

Your experience on Samus Return will be globally the same, with or without amiibo. The game is complete, and the bonuses unlocked by amiibo are crappy, as usual.

There are many differences between the Fusion mode in Samus Returns and the Fusion Suit mode in Prime. Prime's Fusion Suit was just a model swap, not a difficulty adjustment as well, so the general gameplay experience is the same regardless of the mode you're in. Plus, Prime is a First-Person game for the most part and you'll only be able to see the Samus' full model during cutscenes or when you're in Morph Ball mode.

While it is somewhat annoying to need extra stuff to unlock Prime's Fusion mode, needing to have a GBA and a copy of Metroid Fusion is very different to an amiibo, because a GBA can be used to play many different games and Fusion is a decent Metroid game, so if you're enough of a fan of the Fusion suit's design to want to use it in Prime then you'll probably already want or already own the game and a GBA regardless of it unlocking bonus content in Prime. The Metroid amiibo, however, is actually useful for only one thing right now, and unless you like collecting the figurines then you'll have no further use for it until it is used in some other game (Metroid Prime 4 needing it to unlock the Fusion suit in that game too?). What makes it all the more ridiculous is that you need 4 different amiibo just to unlock all the content in Samus Returns.

Personally, I don't like the idea of spending full price on a game that only contains 50-75% of the content that was initially made for it when I have to spend even more to get the rest. My enjoyment of the game will be limited with this knowledge in mind and I would definitely like to play the Fusion mode. I will probably buy Samus Returns at some point, but only when I see it for at least £10 cheaper than the normal price.

Remind that we know literally nothing about the "fusion mode". We suspect it will be an "hard mode" with a new skin, but considering what is the usual hard mode in metroid game, everyone could agree that nothing important is locked here. Also, we have no clue about the absence of an actual hard mode in the base game.
In resume, being upset for made up suppositions about something totally useless.

The feeling you have about the amiibo locking "25 to 50 %" of the game content is totally fantasist. Like the hype you have to play in Fusion mode, that's totally dependent on you, and is nothing relevant to the game itself.
We shall keep in mind that those contents are bonuses for amiibo owners, not something supposed to make you bought useless and unwanted pieces of plastic.

You're totally wrong at thinking the Metroid amiibo "is actually useful for only one thing right now", and that thing would be unlocking whatever content. Like every other amiibo it is a merchandising figurine, people will buy it to collect dust, like any other figurine.

I'm sorry for them, but people stupid enough to pay 12 or 15 bucks only to unlock a skin or even a "hard" mode, deserve to be scammed by Nintendo and every greedy company in earth. They could be upset, but as soon as they would be able to some basic introspection, they would realize they are upset from their own lack of discern.

User Info: dunnyrega

dunnyrega
2 months ago#75
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
6-19-7 posted...
PSA = Pretty Stupid Attempt (at trolling)

Posting facts is trolling, kid?

posting wrong information is.
PSN: Akiradeviruman
quickposter posted... Numbers indicate nothing.

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
2 months ago#76
LOL at anyone comparing this to Prime/Fusion.

1. They were separate games on separate platforms with separate libraries. The only "additional purchase" was the link cable.
2. The unlocks were the Fusion Suit in Prime and Metroid 1 in Fusion. That was it. Hard Mode, concept art, and sound tests weren't hidden behind anything else. You got those the way you do in every other game out there: by PLAYING THE DAMN GAME.

How many more of your principles are you people going to turn your backs on before you realize that you've turned Nintendo into the very thing you've spent the last decade despising? Yearly $60 roster updates for the mascots? Achievement systems? Grimdark FPS? David Cage knockoffs? How many of those will you handwave because it's Nintendo doing it when they start happening?

"They'll never be stupid enough to do that, Nintendo knows better!"

I thought that before too. Lots of us did. Then amiibos happened, and bad DLC practices happened, and day one patches happened, and gimped launches happened, and paid online happened. Over and over and over again. And it was met with a murmur and a whisper at best, and adoration at worst. This is your fault, guys. YOU did this.

Absolutezero93 posted...
Thank god I'm not f***ing poor that a few extra bucks for a series I really like upsets me.

More than the cost of the game itself is "just a few bucks." Right.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
2 months ago#77
DavCube posted...
LOL at anyone comparing this to Prime/Fusion.

1. They were separate games on separate platforms with separate libraries. The only "additional purchase" was the link cable.
2. The unlocks were the Fusion Suit in Prime and Metroid 1 in Fusion. That was it. Hard Mode, concept art, and sound tests weren't hidden behind anything else. You got those the way you do in every other game out there: by PLAYING THE DAMN GAME.

How many more of your principles are you people going to turn your backs on before you realize that you've turned Nintendo into the very thing you've spent the last decade despising? Yearly $60 roster updates for the mascots? Achievement systems? Grimdark FPS? David Cage knockoffs? How many of those will you handwave because it's Nintendo doing it when they start happening?

"They'll never be stupid enough to do that, Nintendo knows better!"

I thought that before too. Lots of us did. Then amiibos happened, and bad DLC practices happened, and day one patches happened, and gimped launches happened, and paid online happened. Over and over and over again. And it was met with a murmur and a whisper at best, and adoration at worst. This is your fault, guys. YOU did this.

Absolutezero93 posted...
Thank god I'm not f***ing poor that a few extra bucks for a series I really like upsets me.

More than the cost of the game itself is "just a few bucks." Right.

THANK YOU! I think Nintendrones have lost any justification they had in bashing Sony/MS when Nintendo this past gen has been doing the same things. Theyre a bunch of hypocrites.
Check out my channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5E9xNR20EnKQTF6UFU6XQ

User Info: Nobn

Nobn
2 months ago#78
cd125 posted...
That means the system, the dual pack amiibos, AND the limited edition copy of the game.
Oh no I'm buying something that I worked really hard to get and most of you will say how can you fall prey to Nintendo ? Sorry I like work for my nice things lmfao. And even then, it's like 40 for the game and maybe 20ish for the amiibos. So in total that's about the cost of a console game. You guys really don't have that much money ? Some of y'all need to get real jobs and stop working at mcdees and jack in the box.
Lololol complaining about a company making money lmfao I guess that must be news to everyone

Blog FAQs

"LolOloL i'm a silly man child who bought each and every piece of trash Nintendo's shoveling with this game.
Why u guys so poor? I work very hard for the purpose of collecting s*** quality kid toys LMFAO, it's a clear show of wealth and superiority loOlLLoL. Stop gettin mad at company locking standard features behind overpiced mcdees toys...LOlooooolLLLLLL"

User Info: cd125

cd125
2 months ago#79
Nobn posted...
cd125 posted...

Blog FAQs

"LolOloL i'm a silly man child who bought each and every piece of trash Nintendo's shoveling with this game.
Why u guys so poor? I work very hard for the purpose of collecting s*** quality kid toys LMFAO, it's a clear show of wealth and superiority loOlLLoL. Stop gettin mad at company locking standard features behind overpiced mcdees toys...LOlooooolLLLLLL"

People like you Hahahahahahaha it's not my fault you can't go get your bachelors degree. It's no my fault everyone else can't afford things for games. Sure you don't need them but that's the point of having a job. Being able to get things you WANT. So what if an extra hard mode is locked behind your amiibo ? Oh no big deal. If you were that worried about if from the beginning then you would have pre ordered one already. But instead I just see a bunch of whiners complaining about an amiibo. Lmfao sure ninty is dumb for locking things behind amiibos but uhm they are a business..business gonna make money regardless of what you guys think. Just sayin
3DS FC 3024-9299-0628 ign (omega) kev
3DS XL FC 5086-5294-6678 ign (alpha) kev (PSN- the_otsutsuki)

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
2 months ago#80
cd125 posted...
Nobn posted...
cd125 posted...

Blog FAQs

People like you Hahahahahahaha it's not my fault you can't go get your bachelors degree. It's no my fault everyone else can't afford things for games. Sure you don't need them but that's the point of having a job. Being able to get things you WANT. So what if an extra hard mode is locked behind your amiibo ? Oh no big deal. If you were that worried about if from the beginning then you would have pre ordered one already. But instead I just see a bunch of whiners complaining about an amiibo. Lmfao sure ninty is dumb for locking things behind amiibos but uhm they are a business..business gonna make money regardless of what you guys think. Just sayin

Why not hide every part of the game behind a paywall then? Every item, every pickup, every area, every boss, sink another few dollars in. I mean clearly only the most privileged deserve to play it, right? That's the logic that you're using here. "They need to make money, so literally anything they do is okay." Except no, it's not. It is our JOB as consumers to tell them what's fair and what's not, not to sit there and accept everything they do as the "new normal."
http://backloggery.com/davcube
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. PSA: you can't play Metroid Returns on hardest difficulty without Amiibo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived