Honestly MH Stories demo just made me feel the 3DS should die

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Honestly MH Stories demo just made me feel the 3DS should die

User Info: Vitrescent

Vitrescent
1 month ago#1
It's clear the 3DS has already been pushed to its potential. We've already seen what can really be done with the system.

MH Stories has a great art style but my lord it's held back by the system. The pop in is awful. The camera controls aren't as great as they can be (second analog). Imagine this game running on a Switch.

It's just clear this game would greatly benefit from better hardware. Looking at a 240p screen with this much graphical infidelity just tells me it's time. I know it has a lot of sales but still.....

I want to see these franchises on more powerful hardware. I'm not talking about graphics straight up. I'm talking about stuff like pop in or frame rate. It's clear we've seen the 3DS pushed to its limits. This game shows it. Do you not want to see this game in full 720p glory running smoothly?

By the way, I know this game was in development before Switch dev kits were even sent out. I'm just stating this game shows it is time to move on.
3DS FC (name: Eric) and Nintendo ID:2535-4004-3746
PSN: AntooPS

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
1 month ago#2
This game would look and run great on the Vita actually. Not much to do on the bottom screen anyway.

But since Capcom would expect to sell at least a million in the west, it make no sense to develop it for the dying handheld. We can get it what we can for now.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
1 month ago#3
I hope the Switch dies young and the 3DS lives forever
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: Richardwilliams

Richardwilliams
1 month ago#4
Speaking of pushing the 3ds to it's limit I'm playing Dragon Quest XI right now and it handles perfectly and looks gorgeous.

I never noticed any issues with Monster Hunter Stories when I played It on a new 3ds, are you using an original 3ds?
Japanese 3DS Fc:1822-2063-3814
If you add ^^^ message me please.

User Info: Vitrescent

Vitrescent
1 month ago#5
Richardwilliams posted...
Speaking of pushing the 3ds to it's limit I'm playing Dragon Quest XI right now and it handles perfectly and looks gorgeous.

I never noticed any issues with Monster Hunter Stories when I played It on a new 3ds, are you using an original 3ds?

I'm playing on the New 3DS. I was mostly talking about resolution and pop in. It was just annoying seeing pop in of characters 2 feet away from me. The cut scenes to actual gameplay was kind of jarring also with the cutscenes looking a bit blurry. All in all, I'm commenting on how this game clearly showcases what the 3DS is capable of and that I want to see games like these starting to release on the Switch soon.

I appreciate we get a lot of niche games on the 3DS. I know it has a bigger install base. However, there has to be a point where you have to move on or else you'll just be stuck in the past. As a gamer, I want to see what Stories could be like on more powerful hardware (obviously it's too late).
3DS FC (name: Eric) and Nintendo ID:2535-4004-3746
PSN: AntooPS

User Info: Talkin_Dreams

Talkin_Dreams
1 month ago#6
@ TC
Maybe, maybe not, but who's to know at this point (when the game hasn't even released yet in the West) that Capcom won't decide to do an enhanced port/ultimate version of the game for Switch further down the line?

I agree that it would undoubtedly look amazing on the Switch, especially with its art style but for the time being, that fact that a spin off in the series (which wasn't largely successful compared to the mainline MH entries over in Japan) is making its way West is huge, pleasing many who voiced their hopes for the game to do so. & despite the 3ds aging hardware, you can't deny it looks fantastic on the handheld with its art style. I'm sure once MH World is released (& pending sales of Stories) they'll consider a Switch version anyway given how eager they are on ports at the mo.

As for your impressions on the game I agree with many of your points, particularly the pop in & sluggishness, but I am playing on an 2DS (not the New edition) though. However those have not in any way hindered my enjoyment of the game; I've already put in 10hrs + already (7hrs of which were in one sitting which is crazy!). It's what I've always wished for in a MH entry & with its Pokemon like elements, I can't wait til it releases.
"The strongest stars have hearts of kyber".
Playing: (3ds) Ever Oasis. (XB1) FH3, SO & MCC

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 month ago#7
Just got done playing the demo, and oh man, I am excited for the full release. I was only going to test it out for 15 minutes or so, but ended up playing for more than an hour and having to force myself to stop.

It makes me feel happy that the 3DS is still alive.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#8
MightyBaconX posted...
Just got done playing the demo, and oh man, I am excited for the full release.

Aren't we all.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: honyo29

honyo29
1 month ago#9
Nixemo posted...
I hope the Switch dies young and the 3DS lives forever

:)
some people seriously need to git gud.

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
1 month ago#10
It's time for the Super 3DS. Calling it here first.
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Honestly MH Stories demo just made me feel the 3DS should die

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived