Miitopia is like a mobile game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Miitopia is like a mobile game...

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
1 month ago#1
Have you ever played a mobile game where after you build your team (usually some gatcha mechanics are involved) the gameplay then turns into a watch and tap kinda thing with your characters running around the battlefiend and you just have to watch them as they fight? That's how I feel when I play Miitopia.

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
1 month ago#2
What's your point? There was a demo that played exactly the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!
It's certainly plausible that Miitopia began as a mobile game. The biggest cause for suspicion being that the entire game is playable by using just the touchscreen.

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
1 month ago#4
Questionmarktarius posted...
It's certainly plausible that Miitopia began as a mobile game. The biggest cause for suspicion being that the entire game is playable by using just the touchscreen.

so is Tomodachi Life and that's for 3DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4Smash5

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 weeks ago#5
I have. Girls X Battle.

It's a decent game for what it was before I deleted it.

I vastly prefer Miitopia.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
4 weeks ago#6
It is, but I think it's a charming one, seeing all your Miis come to life like that is pretty cool. It could use far more events and whatnot. As it is, I find it fairly harmless but I wouldn't recommend getting it for full price.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 weeks ago#7
themegaman7 posted...
I wouldn't recommend getting it for full price.

I've waited for a full-fledged Mii RPG for years and Miitopia was well worth the full price I paid for.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 weeks ago#8
It's for a very niche market of consumers, but hey, whatever works for them.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#9
Salocool posted...
It's for a very niche market of consumers, but hey, whatever works for them.

You might be surprised.

Tomodachi Life has a similar concept with mii's and is nearing 6 million in sales.

Given the genre and later arrival It of course will do less than tomodachi by quite a lot but it certainly has potential for good sales.

It was the second best selling 3DS game in America at retail in July (July 2nd-29th. Specifically)That's with only two days of sales being tracked and it also has been #1 on eshop since launch.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
4 weeks ago#10
Unfortunately, this idea can be generally applied to the 3DS itself. I mean, its library in general. Specially in contrast with the DS.

3DS Castlevania is a joke compared to DSvanias;
FF Explorers is the shallow version of Phantasy Star Zero;
3DS Dragon Quest is lacking in content and post-game compared to DQIX;
3DS Megaman...let's not even go there;
3DS Tennis games...oh wait, there is nothing here (aside from Mario);
3DS KH:DDD got nothing on Re:Coded's customization+procedural Avatar Sector for replayability;
LBX is a more streamlined version of Custom Robo Arena;
Heroes of Ruin is trash compared to Dungeon Explorer even when the latter has awful GFX (also Soma Bringer FTW);
Super Mario 64 > any Mario on 3DS;
Pokemon HG/SS and BW2 post-games/content > 3DS Pokemons;
The Sims on 3DS sux while The Sims 2 on DS is awesome;
Alternative sports? Tony Hawk's Proving Ground on DS was really good;
Puzzle Quest 1, 2 and Gallactrix on DS for high standard match-3 puzzles instead of shovelware;
Open world Transformers on DS and generic on 3DS;
Age of Empire classic strategy is surprisingly decent on DS, the 3DS has...yeah.

Of the top of my head, the only big things the 3DS has to offer compared to the DS library is superior Zeldas and Rune Factory 4.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Miitopia is like a mobile game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived