Out of these 3DS games, which would be the best to focus on finishing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Out of these 3DS games, which would be the best to focus on finishing?

User Info: NettoSaito

NettoSaito
2 months ago#1
Which game is worth it the most? - Results (90 votes)
Bravely Default (In chapter 4, already own Second)
46.67% (42 votes)
Fire Emblem Echoes (Love FE, in chapter 2)
17.78% (16 votes)
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (Pretty early in still)
12.22% (11 votes)
Project X Zone 2 (Personally like SRWV better, but I love the series in this)
1.11% (1 votes)
Yoshi's New Island (Hardly played it, but loved Yoshi's Island as a kid)
5.56% (5 votes)
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Liked SSS, thought PiT was ok, didn't care for BIS)
4.44% (4 votes)
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Got this mostly for the amiibo)
4.44% (4 votes)
Persona Q (Massive Persona fan, couldn't get myself to play much of this though?)
7.78% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So long story short, I have a massive backlog of 3DS games, and I was wondering what you guys consider to be the "best" games out of what I own, and would be the best to work on finishing. Of course I didn't include every game in the poll, but I did include the ones I was considered mainly focusing on. On the other hand, I also left out games like Zelda LBW because I'm currently playing BOTW.

Anyway thanks for the input guys!
PSN/XBL/NN - NettoSaito | 3DS - [1203-9218-7780]
Netto's Game Room - Reviews and what not - http://www.nettosgameroom.com

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
2 months ago#2
I would say Bravely Default. If you want, you can knock the game out and finish fairly quickly if you're already in Chapter 4.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: NNNnobody

NNNnobody
2 months ago#3
I voted Dream Team because the music for Antasmas boss battle is one of my favorite pieces of music and the battle itself is fun and can be repeated in the arena afterwards so you kinda get something for your efforts.
You can call me a fanboy if you feel better then.
The claw is the only true way of camera control.

NettoSaito
2 months ago#4
Wow a lot more people are recommending BD than I thought they would. No one seems to care about PxZ2 lol, but the others are all tied. So I guess BD it is then! After I'll move into either FE or Mario

Thanks guys! (Of course feel free to continue recommending/voting, I won't be able to start/play anything until tonight after work)

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#5
Echoes and Survivor 2 have the best gameplay and art assets consistency of all the games mentioned, so these are my votes.

Bravely Default is just a sad joke that couldn't even be bothered to improve on anything brought forward in FF5.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: z0mgthiefbeef

z0mgthiefbeef
2 months ago#6
You've played the best parts of Bravely Default. What's left is just pure trash
If you like RPGs, play The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
2 months ago#7
If you already own Second, Play the first game.
I beat Birth by Sleep FM before i beat KH1FM (Story wise BBS comes before KH, but commercial wise KH came waaaayyy before BBS).

My sister got me Cold steel 2 for my birthday even though I have not finished cold Steel 1. I'm playing Cold Steel now.
Braverly Default is a very fun RPG although the job system of leveling/grinding can be tedious. I like BD cause you only have 4 people. Other rpgs has like 8 to 11 people and you have to chose who you want in your 3 to 4 slot party.

NettoSaito posted...
Wow a lot more people are recommending BD than I thought they would. No one seems to care about PxZ2 lol, but the others are all tied. So I guess BD it is then!

I heard Project X Zone was a pretty easy Tactical RPG. Its no Desiega 4, There's no trying to grind at all. you just move from one area to another until you win. But I hear the combo system is fun. I own PXZ, I just haven't played it.
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: nobdy1

nobdy1
2 months ago#8
I voted for Record Breaker. It has two different paths, each with multiple endings. You could finish one path now and come back to RB again later in the list to do the other.

NettoSaito
2 months ago#9
A friend of mine is the one who talked me into buying Desu2, and has been trying to talk me into playing it lol. What I have played so far is great though, and of course I do plan on finishing all the games I listed. I really like how it had a full second story though!

@RFC22 yeah PxZ as a series is really easy, but it's more for the fan service than anything else. It's the "game character" version of Super Robot Wars, but without the difficulty scaling based on how well you do.... I did like 1 though but never got far into 2.

The only real down side is it's impossible to follow the entire series here in the west.

NvC - Japan only
SRWOG Endless Frontier - we got this
Endless Frontier 2 - Japan only
PxZ1 - we got this
SRWOGMD - English Asia release (but there's a crap load of OG games that also lead into this as well, with us only getting two of them....)
PxZ2 - we got this

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
2 months ago#10
NettoSaito posted...
Persona Q (Massive Persona fan, couldn't get myself to play much of this though?)

Persona Q is really an Etrian Odyssey game with a Persona flavor to it. With that said, it's a fantastic game, and well worth playing.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4), Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), and Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Android)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Out of these 3DS games, which would be the best to focus on finishing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived