Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

User Info: Chaos_09

Chaos_09
2 months ago#1
Went to the local gamestore the other day and saw that pokemon moon is 30% off. Havent played any Gen VII yet so is it recommended to buy Pokemon moon now or should i just save my money for Ultra moon?

And is Ultra moon an upgraded version of Moon but with same story (like Crystal is to Gold/Silver)? or is it a direct sequel to the story?

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
2 months ago#2
Ultra Moon is going to be an "alternate timeline" to Moon. Whatever that ends up meaning. Beyond that, we don't know anything about the game aside from some new forms for the mascot legendaries and Lycanroc.

I'd say pass on Moon though. It was a terrible game and has very little content. Wait to see if Ultra Moon is better. If it isn't, you should honestly just skip gen 7 entirely.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
2 months ago#3
S/M is really bad, I would wait for Ultra.
Playing: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight; Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
2 months ago#4
It's definitely worth playing. It's not the best but it's surely not the worst. Some really awesome Pokemon are in Gen 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
2 months ago#5
SymphonicGlory posted...
It was a terrible game and has very little content

This I heavily disagree with. Only Platinum, Emerald, and BW2 have more content (including endgame) than S/M.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!

User Info: SSJCAT

SSJCAT
2 months ago#6
Little content? I put in about 30ish hours in only doing the main story. Not sure if I'm going to try to fill the dex up yet or not, just beat it yesterday. I had a lot of fun with it and found the story/atmosphere cool.
PSN: SUPER_KITTY_JAM
FC: SW-2262-4005-7054

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
2 months ago#7
Like most pokemon games, in-game is easy. I heard the story has the best pokemon story aside from Pokemon B2/W2. But I think Moon/SUN has more new pokemon than X/Y. I'm in the process of having an all out team of pokemon weak to fire.

I already have:
Owlet (Grass/Flying)
Magmite (Steel/Electric)
Aloa Vulpix (Ice)
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
2 months ago#8
They haven't made a 3rd version game in 2 generations (X and Y didn't have one and neither did Black or White.) Black and White got actual sequels, X and Y got nothing, and now Sun and Moon are getting sequels. It's already been said that they tell a new story. If it was a 3rd version like Emerald or Crystal then why would there be two of them, lol.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

User Info: Fygaar

Fygaar
2 months ago#9
Neither, save yourself time AND money.
FC: 3368 2855 0512
Best Meta Knight on 3ds

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
2 months ago#10
Fygaar posted...
Neither, save yourself time AND money.

This is a good option too.

I got both Sun and Moon. Both are collecting dust... and worse, I never finished Pkm Sun because it's ULTRA boring.
Playing: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight; Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived