Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
3 months ago#51
TheZuperHero posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
Meta289 posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
-Map is empty, with near nothing to explore

Okay really, what is with this recent hard-on for exploration in games?

I remember playing Pkm games finding new places to go, not playing linear paths, routes with nothing.

Are you kidding? Take a quick look at the Kanto map and you'll see that region design has always been fairly linear.

Really? I could beat some gyms in any order. But it's not what I'm asking, I don't wanna a route where there's nothing, that it's just a straight line to the next city.
Playing: Sonic Mania; Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.

User Info: TheZuperHero

TheZuperHero
3 months ago#52
OdaNobuna posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
Meta289 posted...
OdaNobuna posted...

I remember playing Pkm games finding new places to go, not playing linear paths, routes with nothing.

Are you kidding? Take a quick look at the Kanto map and you'll see that region design has always been fairly linear.

Really? I could beat some gyms in any order. But it's not what I'm asking, I don't wanna a route where there's nothing, that it's just a straight line to the next city.

But most of the routes in Kanto ARE straight lines, with maybe one or two things along the way. There's no exploring, it's just pressing forward. Not saying that's bad, just saying that's how the games have always been.
Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI (DS), Darksiders: Warmastered (Wii U), Etrian Odyssey Untold, Splatoon 2
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 NNID: TotalJakeout

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
3 months ago#53
OdaNobuna posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
Meta289 posted...
OdaNobuna posted...

Only two gyms could be done out of order, Saffron and Fuschia. If there are any others that can be done out of order, you actively have to go out of your way to skip the gyms that are in the towns you're at. Like, you might be able to skip Vermilion gym, but since you have to go Vermilion immediately after Cerulean, you might as well just do the gym while you're there. Skipping it would just be dumb and inconvenient, unless you just really want to stick it to the man like an edgy, rebellious teen.
http://i.imgur.com/kh8FImW.png - WHATEVER
If the internet isn't a hivemind, then it sure as hell is a bandwagon.

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
3 months ago#54
TheZuperHero posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
OdaNobuna posted...
Meta289 posted...
OdaNobuna posted...

But most of the routes in Kanto ARE straight lines, with maybe one or two things along the way. There's no exploring, it's just pressing forward. Not saying that's bad, just saying that's how the games have always been.

And why are we discussing just Kanto? Red/Blue are great games because... they started it all. They aren't the best. And you are forgetting what every route has, like caves or forests. In X/Y I remember a cave that was basically a line... I liked the small labyrinths.

Alola had nothing memorable. Maybe because how intrusive, and stupid the characters were. I just remember a girl saying that she hated to see Pkm getting hurt, but whatever. And my rival saying he would eat malasada for the 49053045934 time.
Playing: Sonic Mania; Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.

User Info: sexyemoboy32

sexyemoboy32
3 months ago#55
TheDreadedZero posted...
HorizonN7 posted...
I'd wait until ultra moon TC. Normally pokemon games like this expand on their predecessors. It happened with Emerald. And Platinum. And Black and White 2.

Also the only issue with S/M is that the post game content is lacking. Don't listen to the people saying S/M is bad. As a veteran of the series and someone who isn't afraid to criticize something, its a must buy pokemon game.

Emerald and Platinum are completely different than Black and White 2. Emerald and Platinum were just Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl with slightly more content. Black and White 2 were actual sequels with completely new storylines, just as Ultra Sun and Moon are. Ultra Sun and Moon are not the bigger better version of Sun and Moon, they're completely different games.

Come on that is BS...

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 months ago#56
Sun and Moon were great games. Don't listen to the hate.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
3 months ago#57
sexyemoboy32 posted...
TheDreadedZero posted...
HorizonN7 posted...
I'd wait until ultra moon TC. Normally pokemon games like this expand on their predecessors. It happened with Emerald. And Platinum. And Black and White 2.

Also the only issue with S/M is that the post game content is lacking. Don't listen to the people saying S/M is bad. As a veteran of the series and someone who isn't afraid to criticize something, its a must buy pokemon game.

Emerald and Platinum are completely different than Black and White 2. Emerald and Platinum were just Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl with slightly more content. Black and White 2 were actual sequels with completely new storylines, just as Ultra Sun and Moon are. Ultra Sun and Moon are not the bigger better version of Sun and Moon, they're completely different games.

Come on that is BS...

Would you care to elaborate on that..? What exactly is BS and what evidence do you have?
Currently playing: Sonic Mania until Metroid Samus Returns comes out

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
3 months ago#58
Get Pokemon Sun/Moon and see if you like it. Ultra Moon/Sun adds to the story of Sun/Moon.
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: red eye dragoon

red eye dragoon
3 months ago#59
I keep hearing "storyline" is that really the big selling point here? I seriously doubt anybody thats ever heard an actual story is getting their fix from this series, story jas always been background trash to the gameplay and monster collecting, this game could take place on a different PLANET and i doubt the main populace would actually care besides new pokemon possibilities.
PSN & Nintendo ID: Kenshin5435
3DS FC: 5284-1505-0107

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
3 months ago#60
red eye dragoon posted...
I keep hearing "storyline" is that really the big selling point here? I seriously doubt anybody thats ever heard an actual story is getting their fix from this series, story jas always been background trash to the gameplay and monster collecting, this game could take place on a different PLANET and i doubt the main populace would actually care besides new pokemon possibilities.

Idk. Collecting Pokemon does get kinda old when you've been doing it for over 20 years. I think the story is what drives me forward. If they made a Pokemon game where you literally just ran around collecting Pokemon and there was no story i wouldn't play it.
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Stories until Metroid Samus Returns comes out
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Play Pokemon moon or wait for Ultra moon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived