Worth upgrading from the original 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Worth upgrading from the original 3ds?

User Info: Sneaky99

Sneaky99
2 months ago#1
Hey guys, I have an original ambassador 3ds and am wondering if it is worth upgrading to a newer model. It is still in great condition and works well. Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade this late into the 3ds' lifespan?

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
2 months ago#2
Sneaky99 posted...
Hey guys, I have an original ambassador 3ds and am wondering if it is worth upgrading to a newer model. It is still in great condition and works well. Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade this late into the 3ds' lifespan?

Yes, if you get any New 3DS (XL) or New 2DS XL you can play SNES VC. You can't play your GBA games anymore then, sadly.
Take every chance you want to make and fulfill it till the end ~DASHWOOD
15/09/2017 Metroid SR Legacy edition confirmed for me! MSR Amiibo's pre-ordered.

User Info: Shibby_123

Shibby_123
2 months ago#3
I say it's worth it. I was skeptical at first but I really enjoy the new 3ds. Feels like a new experience and gives some fresh feeling on the handheld. I say go for it :).

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
2 months ago#4
DASHWOOD posted...
Yes, if you get any New 3DS (XL) or New 2DS XL you can play SNES VC. You can't play your GBA games anymore then, sadly.

If one does a system transfer from an Ambassador 3DS to a New3DS the Ambassador games are transferred over as well.
That's why I have an Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer New 3DS with both SNES and the Ambassador GBA games.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
2 months ago#5
Wasn't to me, but when my original 3DS broke, that forced the issue. Price difference small enough that I figured I'd go all the way. Still haven't gotten around to grabbing any SNES VC, but I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. And it goes on and on and on...
A gentleman will walk, but never run

Sneaky99
2 months ago#6
TinyTim123 posted...
DASHWOOD posted...

If one does a system transfer from an Ambassador 3DS to a New3DS the Ambassador games are transferred over as well.
That's why I have an Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer New 3DS with both SNES and the Ambassador GBA games.

Good to know. Thanks.

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
2 months ago#7
Yes, New 3DSXL is worth it
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
2 months ago#8
Unless you feel like you need to play SNES games or Xenoblade Chronicles on the go, probably not.
For me, my launch system was having some issues, and I transferred to an XL and didn't really like the XL size, so when it became available, I bought the New standard sized N3DS. It gave me the smaller form factor I wanted with access to SNES and Xenoblade, so kinda best of both worlds.

It does offer some better performance for certain games too, but I just needed a standard sized replacement 3DS and they had quit releasing the original sized models, so it worked for me.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

Sneaky99
2 months ago#9
TinyTim123 posted...
Unless you feel like you need to play SNES games or Xenoblade Chronicles on the go, probably not.
For me, my launch system was having some issues, and I transferred to an XL and didn't really like the XL size, so when it became available, I bought the New standard sized N3DS. It gave me the smaller form factor I wanted with access to SNES and Xenoblade, so kinda best of both worlds.

It does offer some better performance for certain games too, but I just needed a standard sized replacement 3DS and they had quit releasing the original sized models, so it worked for me.

I'm not too interested in xenoblade or snes games, so I think I'll stick with the original 3ds.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
2 months ago#10
There are a few other N3DS exclusives, like Binding of Isaac.

If you use the 3D feature, the effect is a lot better on the N3DS, since it uses the camera to adjust for your distance and angle, so it works better no matter how you hold the system. It also acts like a Circle Pad Pro is attached for any games that support it, giving you some nicer controls in games like Monster Hunter.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Worth upgrading from the original 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived