Who here plays Mario Maker 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Who here plays Mario Maker 3DS?

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
3 months ago#1
The lack of online sharing features in Mario Maker 3DS was a big oversight, and I completely understand if this was a dealbreaker that kept some people from buying the game.

However, I highly enjoy the game on its own terms (a companion to the Wii U version). It's fun being able to take my 3DS with me on the train and spend my commute making levels.

Plus, the single player levels are pretty great.
It has an entire Mario game's worth of pre-installed content....AND it gets pretty challenging towards the end.

Anybody else out there enjoy playing Mario Maker on their 3DS?
Owner of a 3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One
Longtime Kirby, Banjo Kazooie, and Zelda fan.

User Info: nodnizzle

nodnizzle
3 months ago#2
I like to play random levels and I like to build my own. But, the random levels seem to not really cycle through a lot so there are a lot of the same levels and it is getting old. Wish they would update it and let us do more with finding games by their codes or whatever.

User Info: mattchew071

mattchew071
3 months ago#3
The premade stages were great fun while they lasted. I messed around making some stages but without online sharing I haven't touched it in months.
3DS FC- 1032 1519 2019

User Info: HOBBESINATOR

HOBBESINATOR
3 months ago#4
There was a thread on NeoGAF the other day that got my attention for the game, and some research led me to Jeremy Parish's review at USGamer. I was sold, haha. I picked it up and and I've been playing it casually since.

For all the hoopla over a lack of online sharing (deservedly so) it's still a pretty fun single player title. The advanced challenges are tough!
"Dare! Dare to believe you can survive." -Stan Bush

User Info: MasterFox72

MasterFox72
3 months ago#5
Lack of Amiibo killed it for me

User Info: BoccaSerenade

BoccaSerenade
3 months ago#6
I stopped playing too often because I felt like every time I tried to find new stages to play it was always the same ones from the same people. There just wasn't enough variety for me.

It's a very fun game with a lot of potential though. I wish they'd port a version to Switch so I could enjoy it more with all of its features.
Switch Friend Code: 5822-7665-2697 (Name: Kyo) Feel free to add me!

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#7
Me. Wish it had Amiibo costumes, online uploading and course searching.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
3 months ago#8
I would even settle for the game having a "transfer to Wii U version" option. Then I could make stages on the go, and then come home to upload them online.
Owner of a 3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One
Longtime Kirby, Banjo Kazooie, and Zelda fan.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
3 months ago#9
No online, no buy for me.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
3 months ago#10
i wouldn't be surprised if the lack of mystery mushrooms is that they couldn't think of a way to charge you for amiibos in the 3ds version
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Who here plays Mario Maker 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived