Got the new 2dsxl! What games are must own? Can you make a top ten games last?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Got the new 2dsxl! What games are must own? Can you make a top ten games last?

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
2 months ago#21
Dalymiddleboro1 posted...
I beat bravely default, is second as good?

The combat is less grindy and more fun and the story is better but the characters aren't as good.
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
2 months ago#22
JRPGs: Bravely series, Legend of Legacy (spiritual successor of the SaGa series).

As for Zeldas, whatever you do, don't get the DS Zeldas. They are the worst in the series. The GB ones are all great though.

Having a hardcore experience like Dark Souls on the 3DS requires some work. Your alternatives:

1-) Monster Hunter in general.

2-) Get the DS Castlevanias, specifically PoR and OoE. Finish the game to unlock "Hard Mode Lv.1 Cap".

3-) Rune Factory 4 on Hard Mode, then after finishing Arc 3, upgrade all monsters in the world up to +9. From here you have 2 options:

A-) Start a brand new file and activate NO EXP on Hard mode. Upgrade/decrease enemies level up to +9 at your own discretion here and OPTIONALLY turn NO SKILL EXP ON*.

B-) Finish all quests on your 1st save file to unlock NEW GAME+. This is unlocked for ALL save files. Once this is done, provided you have another end game file locked at LV.1/NO SKILL EXP, you can effectively mix and match anything you wanna transfer into a new file for various types of hardcore challenges, such as:

- Any tamed monster out of the almost 200 including bosses, the game supports playing as them (if you can ride them) or doing the Trainer thing via buffs and a "spell" that commands them to attack;

- Any equipment you may have acquired. This is very exciting since it allows you to stay at Lv.1/NO SKILL but STILL have enough power to face enemies in Hard Mode +9.

- Gag/Joke restriction runs such as using the Wet Boots (makes you slip randomly) or fighting only with the El Chapulín Colorado Toy Hammer.

* Turning NO SKILL EXP ON is optional because it's a matter of taste, some challenge runners prefer allowing SKILL EXP because a huge portion of RF4's alluring progression and its amazing Crafting system requires SKILL LVLs to be on.

The idea here is that with that end game save file locked in Lv.1/NO SKILL LVLs, you always have a template to obtain anything you want for a challenge run in a 3rd save file.

Basically, the difference is: with LV.1/NO SKILL LVLs, the game is at its highest difficulty but you lose many options. You can only rely on tamed monsters or equipment acquired through the optional, procedurally generated secret dungeon (Sharance Maze). Eventually, you can still craft some decent stuff through your Sharance findings but it's not full blown customization.

OTOH, with LV.1 but normal SKILL LVLing you have access to the full depth of the customization system but since Skill LVLs also give you permanent stats, you'll have to be more conscious about increasing/decreasing enemy LVLs (up to +9) in order to keep the hardcore challenge even on Hard mode.

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
2 months ago#23
Pokemon
Bravely default
Smt
Xenoblade
Zelda albw
Zelda oot
Dragon quest 8
Smash bros
PS4 Pro
Switch

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#24
Monster Hunter might make a good alternative for Dark Souls.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
2 months ago#25
Evieholly13 posted...
Pokemon
Bravely default
Smt
Xenoblade
Zelda albw
Zelda oot
Dragon quest 8
Smash bros

How dare you leave out Zelda Majora's Mask.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#26
GenerationX-Men posted...
Evieholly13 posted...
Pokemon
Bravely default
Smt
Xenoblade
Zelda albw
Zelda oot
Dragon quest 8
Smash bros

I assume he was trying to suggest good games.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
1 month ago#27
SeamusOHassey posted...
GenerationX-Men posted...
Evieholly13 posted...
Pokemon
Bravely default
Smt
Xenoblade
Zelda albw
Zelda oot
Dragon quest 8
Smash bros

I assume he was trying to suggest good games.

Than why did he leave out Majora's Mask?
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: EricDent1

EricDent1
1 month ago#28
One of the better games IMO is LEGO City Undercover The Chase Begins.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
3DS FC: 3668-7961-6586

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
1 month ago#29
Oddly, this LEGO game is probably the best open world game on the 3DS.

Not that is saying much, but still...

User Info: kilaude

kilaude
1 month ago#30
Fire Emblem series
Greatest games of all time: Shenmue, Phantasy Star IV and FFVII
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Got the new 2dsxl! What games are must own? Can you make a top ten games last?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived