What incoming 3DS game tickles your fancy the most?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What incoming 3DS game tickles your fancy the most?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
3 months ago#1
What incoming 3DS game tickles your fancy the most? - Results (232 votes)
Pokmon Ultra Sun/Moon
10.34% (24 votes)
Metriod Samus Returns
31.47% (73 votes)
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga DX + Bowser's minions
5.17% (12 votes)
Fire Emblem Warriors
4.31% (10 votes)
Layton's Mystery Journey: Katriellle and the Millionaire's conspiracy
4.31% (10 votes)
Monster Hunter Stories
10.78% (25 votes)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
5.17% (12 votes)
Etrian Odyssey V
12.5% (29 votes)
Dragon Quest XI
12.5% (29 votes)
Other(please specify in post)
3.45% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Left out Kirby because we still know literally nothing at all except vague descriptions of genre.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 months ago#2
I guess Metroid. I'm no Metroid fan, but that game looks awesome to me.

I'm still getting others, though (Mario & Luigi, Ultra Sun, and The Legend of Dark Witch 3 if it's a 2017 game...please release this year...)
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
3 months ago#3
Definitely Metroid. I'm so tired of Metroid 2 getting the short end of the stick (being the only 8-bit game left in the series), and it's nice to finally see it get the "Zero Mission" treatment.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
3 months ago#4
Strange Journey Redux.

I love EOV and eagerly anticipate it as well, although in spite of my efforts to go in fairly blind (apart from skills) I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting into. At the end of the day, there's going to be a big tree... and a forest full of FOEs in front of it. Meanwhile I've not really been exposed to much of Strange Journey, apart from the usual cast of SMT demons (who I'm excited to take for a spin in a real dungeon.)

And of course Nintendo's first party output is rather lackluster, as par the course for this system. Three remakes and a musou game... Fascinating.
Roses are red, violets are blue
There are no objects in PUs.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
3 months ago#5
lukeskywalker66 posted...
Strange Journey Redux.

I love EOV and eagerly anticipate it as well, although in spite of my efforts to go in fairly blind (apart from skills) I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting into. At the end of the day, there's going to be a big tree... and a forest full of FOEs in front of it. Meanwhile I've not really been exposed to much of Strange Journey, apart from the usual cast of SMT demons (who I'm excited to take for a spin in a real dungeon.)

And of course Nintendo's first party output is rather lackluster, as par the course for this system. Three remakes and a musou game... Fascinating.

Eh a true remake of a GB/NES era game is pretty much a brand new game though to be fair. It's basically using the basic outlines and concepts of the game to make a new game.

Free aiming
Melee counters
Aeion abilities
Touch Screen Map
Difficulty modes
Completely redone graphics
Etc.

I get what your saying but context means a lot. Metriod Samus Returns is should not be dimished because it's a remake.

Mario and Luigi is middle ground. Visually it's a complete transformation but gameplay seems to be largely the same(there are some tweaks though) That said it's an rather old game and has a second game built in as well. I can understand a longtime fan having less appeal from the game.

USUM is a remake of sorts of a game from last year so yeah I can certainly understand being less hyped for it.

There is also Kirby but we don't know anything about that yet so we have nothing to discuss in Kirby yet. Could be Mainline, spinoff, remake etc.

TL:DR Context is king.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
3 months ago#6
lukeskywalker66 posted...

Well if you've played 1 game in the series, the rest follow the same formula with some tweaks here and there, so it won't be radically different.

That said, EO5 for me.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 months ago#7
Metroid, I'm thirsting for a new Metroid and it being a 2D one is even more awesome.

Though the Strange Journey remake is up there as well, it's one of my favorite games on the original DS.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
3 months ago#8
Definitely EOV. It may actually be the only game I'm excited for this year. I'm looking forward to Monster Hunter Stories, but I'm not really excited for it. Samus looks great, but Nintendo's bs had me passing on the game for now.

If we get MHXX though, that instantly becomes the game I want most. Still bummed we're not getting it thanks to World.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: highpost1388

highpost1388
3 months ago#9
Dragon Quest 11 narrowly edges out Strange Journey and Radiant Historia.
Recently beat: Valkyria Chronicles, FFXV, Rogue Galaxy, Persona 4&5, Pokemon Y
Playing: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, DQ8, Life is Strange, ESO

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
3 months ago#10
Nothing they all suck.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What incoming 3DS game tickles your fancy the most?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived