Why did Nintendo disable save states for the Pokemon games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why did Nintendo disable save states for the Pokemon games?

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
1 month ago#1
The only reason I can think of is making it more difficult to catch legendaries but you can still save right before battling them.

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
1 month ago#2
A cheater method like save states is acceptable when it only affects your singular experience in an old game. Through the Pokémon Bank these VC titles are connected to the current Pokémon games so allowing people to use this method to more easily acquire Pokemon would be unacceptable.
Trolling is not an etiquite issue. It is harassment.

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
1 month ago#3
Cory898 posted...
A cheater method like save states is acceptable when it only affects your singular experience in an old game. Through the Pokémon Bank these VC titles are connected to the current Pokémon games so allowing people to use this method to more easily acquire Pokemon would be unacceptable.

lol pkhex and pksm says hi

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
1 month ago#4
Finn-X posted...
Cory898 posted...

Don't speak to me in gibberish. I answered the question. Whatever trollish response is hidden behind your code is likely irrelevant to the facts I gave. If you're referring to cheat methods already used that doesn't mean Nintendo should just give people another one.
Trolling is not an etiquite issue. It is harassment.

User Info: Nintendo_Switch

Nintendo_Switch
1 month ago#5
Finn-X posted...
Cory898 posted...

And they're totally irrelevant to the subject matter since they're not officially supported, either.

User Info: Omega_Blademan

Omega_Blademan
1 month ago#6
Synbios459 posted...
The only reason I can think of is making it more difficult to catch legendaries but you can still save right before battling them.

It's because of trading. They really really don't want to give an easy way to clone Pokemon - just imagine what would happen if a game with save states got Mew and traded it around while reverting to the save before it was traded...

It'd be like the original cloning glitch, which they don't exactly want.
FC: 4425-1588-8276 Y: Chloe - Alpha Sapphire: Anna

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 month ago#7
Why do you need save states in a game that lets you save wherever and whenever you want anyway?
I'm a chick
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why did Nintendo disable save states for the Pokemon games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived