Do you recommend upgrading to a New 2DS XL if I have a New 3DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you recommend upgrading to a New 2DS XL if I have a New 3DS XL?

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
1 month ago#1
Should I replace my New 3DS XL with a New 2DS XL? - Results (88 votes)
Yes, get a New 2DS XL
15.91% (14 votes)
No, keep your New 3DS XL
84.09% (74 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm considering buying a New 2DS XL, transferring my New 3DS XL content over, and then selling my New 3DS XL.

Do you recommend making this change?
Vote and comment why. Thanks!
Owner of a 3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One
Longtime Kirby, Banjo Kazooie, and Zelda fan.

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
1 month ago#2
I voted yes, because I like my N2DSXL more then the N3DSXL I had. This is just a personal preference.
I would say if you are happy with your N3DSXL and it doesn't have any downsides except the part you don't use the 3D then I would say NO. Any ergonomic or transport problems I would say that you change to a N2DSXL.
Take every chance you want to make and fulfill it till the end ~DASHWOOD
15/09/2017 Metroid SR Legacy edition confirmed for me! MSR Amiibo's pre-ordered.

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
1 month ago#3
I don't see the point unless the minor differences like not needing a screwdriver to change the memory card or a cover for the game slot matter that much to you. Hardware wise it's identical just without the 3D option that you can just leave off on your current system.

In the end it comes down to whatever your reasons are for wanting to make the change and if they're worth it to you.
Trolling is not an etiquite issue. It is harassment.

User Info: Arkhemiel

Arkhemiel
1 month ago#4
That's not an upgrade. Basically a downgrade. So I don't know why you would want to change. No one goes around asking should I change my ps4 for a ps3.
I miss the days when I had a favorite video game character with runners up. Now no one comes to mind

User Info: GeneraLight

GeneraLight
1 month ago#5
You mean a downgrade? Because that's what it' is.

If you wanted an upgrade, you would get a New 3DS.

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
1 month ago#6
The N2DSXL is to the New 3DS what the DS Lite was to the original DS.

In other words, yes it is worth it.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
1 month ago#7
GenerationX-Men posted...
The N2DSXL is to the New 3DS what the DS Lite was to the original DS.

In other words, yes it is worth it.

Nope, it is not.

Agreed with the guy above who says TC would be downgrading his system instead.
FC: 2036-6562-0936
PSN: Artorias03

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
1 month ago#8
Arkhemiel posted...
That's not an upgrade. Basically a downgrade. So I don't know why you would want to change. No one goes around asking should I change my ps4 for a ps3.

If I had a PS4 I would upgrade to a PS3 in a heartbeat...

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
1 month ago#9
Will copy paste and rephrase a little bit from an older topic since this is maybe the fifth time that I'm answering to this:

Well, after a day or two of thinking I bought a n3dsxl anyway (got to change my n3ds). At this point in 3ds family life span I think there is very little point in buying an old 3ds or the old 2ds (an even lower price can be the only real reason).
N2ds is cheaper, smaller and lighter compared to a n3dsxl. The home button is in a good position, 3d is off most of the time anyway on 3ds, the cartridge cover reduce dust problems and SD card is finally easily accessible. Not to mention that it looks good. Still the cons outweight pros for me given my personal preferences. Volume slider was put in a very uncomfortable position just below your left palm, the speakers were relocated where you may easily cover them (I often lay my 3ds over me to minimize the effort and the part where the speakers are right now would be covered almost always) and from a sound "test" I saw online it looks like they are lower quality too (maybe just because of the position that faces your body and not your face). Tha back camera was relocated too in a debatable way, this won't however affect almost any game (pokemon dream radar is the only one that comes to my mind). Seems that the battery has a shorter lifespan too (1 hour less from what I read). For an ergonomic device, those sharp edges may become quite uncomfortable during longer sessions. Screens looks good, but I had the impression that they lack in contrast (plus, for now it seems that only TN screens are used).
The n2DS may be cheaper, but if you have a job 50 euros doesn't change that much for a device you may want to use daily for the upcoming years. It's smaller and lighter, but not that much to actually make a big difference (still bigger than N3DS). The SD card is there, but I personally never had to change it in the last 3 years so it's not that important to me. Buying mostly physical and a 16gb card is big enough to have every digital exclusive I may want. The home button relocation is not that important and the covered cartridge slot may be not that important as well once you take into account the cons compared to a 3DSXL. By the way, my game boy still works well and it have no cover so with care you can avoid problems. But, honestly, that cover with SD card relocation is the only real pro for me.

I prefer the 3dsxl. Other people prefer n2ds. Pros and cons on both sides and what you prefer depends on what you want most. It's up to you. Price, home button, SD card relocation and cartridge slot cover says n2ds (also weight and size, but again... Not that huge difference). Screens, volume slider, battery, audio quality says N3DSXL. It's a matter of preference. For me the N2DSXL pros weren't so important as those of N3DSXL. Not sure if N3DSXL-->N2DSXL can be considered an upgrade.

User Info: ObiWankCannabis

ObiWankCannabis
1 month ago#10
TN Screens sux
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you recommend upgrading to a New 2DS XL if I have a New 3DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived