Need help deciding on these $20 eShop games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Need help deciding on these $20 eShop games.

User Info: IcyFlame57

IcyFlame57
3 months ago#1
So I currently got a $20 eshop card from an online friend and was deciding what to use it on. I'm deciding among:

Super Street Fighter IV
-I previously had a physical copy but traded in at a Gamestop a long time ago

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
-Seems nice (My younger brother does have a copy of the original PS2 & the HD Collection though I haven't dare tried them)

Resident Evil Revelation
-Enjoyed Project X Zone, knowing that Chris & Jill version came from this game

Senran Kagura Burst
-Why not

Rhythm Thief & Emperor's Treasure
-I enjoy rhythm games

If you have better games in mind, post them and explain your reasoning. Thank you in advance!
3DS FC: 4468 - 1093 - 7377 | Pokemon Y IGN: Johnny | TSV: 2579
Friend Safari (Fire): Pansear, Charmeleon, and Braxien

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 months ago#2
SSFIV is outdated and the online is pretty much dead.
MGS3 has a lower framerate on 3DS.
Revelations HD plays way better and has more meat to it.
Unless you really like beat-them-all and ecchi stuff, don't bother with SKB, even if it has an interesting story.
RT is kinda too short.

Do you like indies games?
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
3 months ago#3
This doesn't help your current predicament, but it's a dang shame you missed a 3DS humble bundle a year or so ago. $13 got you SF4, Rhythm Thief, Shantae, 3-4 other 3DS games, and maybe 3-4 Wii U games.

That being said, the only game on that list I'm a huge fan of is Rhythm Thief. I'm not even into rhythm games and I had a blast with. It had a fun little story focusing on French culture and all that junk that was interesting. The above poster is right though, the full game takes less than 10 hours, but you could probably milk a lot more out of it than that if you're really into rhythm stuff. MGS3 is always good, but you're better of playing the Collector's edition probably.

Have you ever tried Inti Creates games? Azure Striker, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Blaster Master Zero are all fantastic throw back games.

For what it's worth, if I had a New 3DS, I'd definitely blow the $20 on SNES virtual console games.

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
3 months ago#4
Resident evil is very often on sale... Wait on that one

IcyFlame57
3 months ago#5
Blayshy posted...
SSFIV is outdated and the online is pretty much dead.
MGS3 has a lower framerate on 3DS.
Revelations HD plays way better and has more meat to it.
Unless you really like beat-them-all and ecchi stuff, don't bother with SKB, even if it has an interesting story.
RT is kinda too short.

Do you like indies games?

It varies depending on the indi games.

IcyFlame57
3 months ago#6
Blue Bomber 99 posted...
This doesn't help your current predicament, but it's a dang shame you missed a 3DS humble bundle a year or so ago. $13 got you SF4, Rhythm Thief, Shantae, 3-4 other 3DS games, and maybe 3-4 Wii U games.

That being said, the only game on that list I'm a huge fan of is Rhythm Thief. I'm not even into rhythm games and I had a blast with. It had a fun little story focusing on French culture and all that junk that was interesting. The above poster is right though, the full game takes less than 10 hours, but you could probably milk a lot more out of it than that if you're really into rhythm stuff. MGS3 is always good, but you're better of playing the Collector's edition probably.

Have you ever tried Inti Creates games? Azure Striker, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Blaster Master Zero are all fantastic throw back games.

For what it's worth, if I had a New 3DS, I'd definitely blow the $20 on SNES virtual console games.

I have in fact played both Gunvolt games and Blaster Master ZERO, they are wonderful. I haven't tried Burst and I'm not sure if I should pick it up.

User Info: The_Ninjadillo

The_Ninjadillo
3 months ago#7
I love Rhythm Thief, super underrated game.
Playing right now: Splatoon 2, Miitopia

User Info: Serp_BAE

Serp_BAE
3 months ago#8
Not a part of your options but Ocarina of Time is an awesome game that's only for 20.
'You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?'
IGN: Seerat (M) 3DS FC: 2294-8502-6226. Currently Playing: Zelda BoTW and Pokemon Moon

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
3 months ago#9
I own every game on your list, and RE: Revelations is easily the best investment of your $20.
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: Shibby_123

Shibby_123
3 months ago#10
I'd honestly invest in snes games if you have a n3ds.

Also @TC I think I remember your name from LBP on the vita. If that was you, your level design was great bro.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Need help deciding on these $20 eShop games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived