Pokemon Y or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Y or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

User Info: Dark_Kinght

Dark_Kinght
3 months ago#1
Which game should i buy in terms of legendary Pokemon on the box art

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
3 months ago#2
Pokemon Y. Yveltal is probably my favorite legendary.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
3 months ago#3
Thats a terrible metric to measure what game to get. Please slap yourself silly for making such dumb reasoning.

User Info: jjtheman523

jjtheman523
3 months ago#4
Get Pokemon Y first then Alpha Sapphire. Both great games though in my opinion
3DS Friend Code: 0748-3949-0483
IGN: Jaycee

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
3 months ago#5
If you never played the original R/S I'd start with Alpha Sapphire. Both are great and worth it, but I think I big portion of my enjoyment for Y came from the pure insanity of the online when the game first came out. Literally millions of participants, and the wondertrading and GTS were a blast to take advantage of.

But to answer your question, Kyogre over Yveltal for me.

User Info: BetaWax

BetaWax
3 months ago#6
Alpha Sapphire.
http://www.backloggery.com/betawax

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
3 months ago#7
In terms of the box art legendary? Yveltal, it doesn't hurt his case that Oblivion Wing looks f***ing awesome. Also you don't have to wait through 20 minutes of cutscene after you catch him.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
3 months ago#8
SymphonicGlory posted...
Pokemon Y. Yveltal is probably my favorite legendary.
This. None of the 3DS box legends come close to matching baconbird in sheer awesomeness.
Roses are red, violets are blue
There are no objects in PUs.

User Info: Serp_BAE

Serp_BAE
3 months ago#9
AS has more content. Tons of legendaries to catch postgame, an e4 rematch, a postgame miniarc ending in you getting an overpowered mega pokemon and a battle facility to earn battle points to trade for items and moves
'You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?'
IGN: Seerat (M) 3DS FC: 2294-8502-6226. Currently Playing: Zelda BoTW and Pokemon Moon

User Info: Etria

Etria
3 months ago#10
@Adam_Ace posted...
In terms of the box art legendary? Yveltal, it doesn't hurt his case that Oblivion Wing looks f***ing awesome. Also you don't have to wait through 20 minutes of cutscene after you catch him.

Just wanted to point out that, as with most legendaries in the 3DS games, you get another chance to catch it after beating the E4. Catching it during the plot is not neccessary.

The one who doesn't get a re-run is Rayquaza.

Also, in terms of legendaries to catch Alpha Sapphire has way more of them. Like a boxart legendary from every previous generation except Mewtwo from 1 and from XY. Including some of the "trio" stuff and a legendary that was previously event only.

Pokemon Y just has the legendary from Y and the ones from the first generation.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Y or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived