Would Tomodachi Collection work on a New 2DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would Tomodachi Collection work on a New 2DS XL?

User Info: Vlugge_Japie

Vlugge_Japie
1 month ago#11
Amazon Japan generally ships out to other countries if the product is sold by Amazon Japan themselves. For a 2200 JPY product I don't think the import fees will be that high
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: sunny_red51

sunny_red51
1 month ago#12
Vlugge_Japie posted...
Amazon Japan generally ships out to other countries if the product is sold by Amazon Japan themselves. For a 2200 JPY product I don't think the import fees will be that high

I wasn't sure on games. I used to buy books and manga from Amazon Japan years and years ago while I lived in the U.S. and bought tons of things from the site while I lived in Japan. I'm back in the U.S. now but haven't bought anything from there since coming back. It was nice buying stuff in Japan because you could pay at a convenience store and also arrange to pick up from a convenience store.

I guess the game costs 2280 yen, but it isn't sold directly by Amazon Japan but by another store, Selection Shop Kaede. It does say that it is shipped by Amazon Japan, though. I don't know if it would be cheaper to get it from Amazon Japan once you factor in currency exchange fees, shipping, and customs import fees, but it might be worth it for the TC to check it out. There's only 1 copy left, though.

Amazon Japan listing for Tomodachi Collection
https://tinyurl.com/y8qaa2l2

Play Asia has it for CDN$52.70, which would end up being more expensive than Amazon Canada, I'm guessing.

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#13
Maybe I'll check import shops until I get lucky. I'm terrible with currency conversion.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Vlugge_Japie

Vlugge_Japie
1 month ago#14
sunny_red51 posted...
Vlugge_Japie posted...

I wasn't sure on games. I used to buy books and manga from Amazon Japan years and years ago while I lived in the U.S. and bought tons of things from the site while I lived in Japan. I'm back in the U.S. now but haven't bought anything from there since coming back. It was nice buying stuff in Japan because you could pay at a convenience store and also arrange to pick up from a convenience store.

I guess the game costs 2280 yen, but it isn't sold directly by Amazon Japan but by another store, Selection Shop Kaede. It does say that it is shipped by Amazon Japan, though. I don't know if it would be cheaper to get it from Amazon Japan once you factor in currency exchange fees, shipping, and customs import fees, but it might be worth it for the TC to check it out. There's only 1 copy left, though.

Amazon Japan listing for Tomodachi Collection
https://tinyurl.com/y8qaa2l2

Play Asia has it for CDN$52.70, which would end up being more expensive than Amazon Canada, I'm guessing.

They've only been shipping games for 2 years now so it's pretty 'new'. I bought all kinds of 3DS games there.

When I buy something that's sold and fulfilled by Amazon Japan they have a thing where you pay the customs fees to Amazon and they pay customs so you won't have to wait while you're package is in customs limbo. I don't know if this is the case when the product is fulfilled by Amazon. I remember a JAM Project Blu Ray being sold by another company, fulfilled by Amazon and getting surprised by paying a fee to the delivery man.
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
1 month ago#15
DiduXD posted...
Hoping I can create Miis ingame since I don't have a Wii.

You can.

Also, if you don't mind used it's SUPER cheap on Ebay. Like, $10. You should be able to reset the game, though you'd have to look up how to do that.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#16
irulethegalaxy posted...
DiduXD posted...
Hoping I can create Miis ingame since I don't have a Wii.

You can.

Also, if you don't mind used it's SUPER cheap on Ebay. Like, $10. You should be able to reset the game, though you'd have to look up how to do that.

I know how: ABXY all at once or try and figure out the Japanese symbols.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would Tomodachi Collection work on a New 2DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived