Which games use the Miiverse?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which games use the Miiverse?

User Info: SonicFan188

SonicFan188
1 month ago#1
Now that the Miiverse is less than two months away from being shut down, I would like to know which games use it for in-game features or content. Especially those that require it for 100% completion or for unlocking stuff. So can you people list these games and features?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: yab

yab
1 month ago#2
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27329

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): While users will still be able to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and complete all 88 levels in the main game, the Community feature will be discontinued, preventing players from sharing levels and receiving additional Stars. As there will be a limit to the number of Stars that can be obtained, not all objects may be unlocked from the Workshop.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): The Miiverse stage will still be playable, but Miiverse user posts will not display in the background. Players will also be unable to post replays to YouTube/Miiverse, share stages or create tournaments.

User Info: nickkuh

nickkuh
1 month ago#3
yab posted...

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): While users will still be able to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and complete all 88 levels in the main game, the Community feature will be discontinued, preventing players from sharing levels and receiving additional Stars. As there will be a limit to the number of Stars that can be obtained, not all objects may be unlocked from the Workshop.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): The Miiverse stage will still be playable, but Miiverse user posts will not display in the background. Players will also be unable to post replays to YouTube/Miiverse, share stages or create tournaments.

Excuse me but is there a retail version of Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars(North American released)?

SonicFan188
1 month ago#4
Bump

User Info: kirbybunny

kirbybunny
1 month ago#5
Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.
It has miiverse stamps in it for the clothing you unlock, and other stamps.
and you can take photos in the game that you can save to an album and send to miiverse as well.
(I think this is the first 3ds game that had miiverse stamps in it.)

As for Mario and Donkey Kong Tipping Stars. Its a Digital Only cross buy game in North America.
WiiU:Yospirati/3DS:1478-6524-2760 PMAnimal Guardian
FFExplorer/FantasyLife DragonManiaLegendsClan:Soar-Ryuken/MonsterSuperLeague

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
1 month ago#6
I honestly hope they patch Tipping Stars so stars can still be earned some other way after Miiverse closes.

Sure, one could argue that what's the point of wanting new parts and making new levels if we can't share them anymore, but personally I'd still want to create them for myself, and either way in-game things shouldn't be permanently unavailable after some time passes.

SonicFan188
1 month ago#7
kirbybunny posted...
Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.
It has miiverse stamps in it for the clothing you unlock, and other stamps.
and you can take photos in the game that you can save to an album and send to miiverse as well.
(I think this is the first 3ds game that had miiverse stamps in it.)

It doesn't have any in-game content that requires Miiverse for unlocking, though, does it?

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 month ago#8
nickkuh posted...
yab posted...

Excuse me but is there a retail version of Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars(North American released)?

No. Only the GBA and DS entries had physical releases. DSi and 3DS games of the series were digital only.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: kirbybunny

kirbybunny
4 weeks ago#9
@Sonicfan188-No. You don't need miiverse to unlock anything in the game.

It did have clothes you could only unlock via having other local 3ds players as friends with this game, but an update fixed that.
WiiU:Yospirati/3DS:1478-6524-2760 PMAnimal Guardian
FFExplorer/FantasyLife DragonManiaLegendsClan:Soar-Ryuken/MonsterSuperLeague

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#10
So besides MvDK which I really couldn't care less about, there's no game that requires Miiverse for 100% completion on 3DS?
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which games use the Miiverse?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived