Wow, Mario 3D land might be the best Mario platforming ever

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow, Mario 3D land might be the best Mario platforming ever

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
4 weeks ago#51
I love Land, but World took everything to another level.

User Info: CallmeSoren

CallmeSoren
4 weeks ago#52
ibrokethedam posted...
smeargle123 posted...
If you think land was amazing check out 3d world it's basically land but 1000x better. Tons of unique and interesting levels

I actually prefer Land. I feel like World sometimes tries to do too much and loses focus. I still think World is great though.

World gets ruined by cat suits. Land is 1000x better.
A good indie title is a non-existent indie title!

User Info: Shnow

Shnow
4 weeks ago#53
Hell no! It sucks. For being a 3D mario, it's linear af. There's no cohesion at all between worlds.

User Info: pichuscute0

pichuscute0
4 weeks ago#54
3D Land is fantastic. Imo, a lot better than 3D World (although that game was decent, too). I prefer a more open 3D Mario, though.

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 weeks ago#55
Thanks to this topic, now I want 3D Land and I don't even own a 3DS yet. :D
SUPER
HOT

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#56
CallmeSoren posted...
ibrokethedam posted...
smeargle123 posted...
If you think land was amazing check out 3d world it's basically land but 1000x better. Tons of unique and interesting levels

I actually prefer Land. I feel like World sometimes tries to do too much and loses focus. I still think World is great though.

World gets ruined by cat suits. Land is 1000x better.

I hope this was a joke
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: PhoenixML

PhoenixML
4 weeks ago#57
I was bored out of my mind with this game. It doesn't mean it's a bad game, I guess it's just not what I want to play anymore. It's all "too simple" (but not in a bad way).
the way out is through

User Info: Thorspider

Thorspider
4 weeks ago#58
CaIiber345 posted...
Thanks to this topic, now I want 3D Land and I don't even own a 3DS yet. :D

It's a really fun game, and a nice change of pace from the typical 3d Marios. 3d land is much more of a "3d Mario meets traditional platforming mario" than the usual. Even straying from having a lifebar in exchange for the older mushrooms and powerups used for health.

I don't have the longest attention span any more for lengthy games due to having less time to game, and even I found myself 100% the game and beating the Final stage you unlock. It was a very fun experience and worth a purchase when you get a system.

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
4 weeks ago#59
Blayshy posted...
ibrokethedam posted...
smeargle123 posted...

Yeah, as much as it has a lot of unique levels, it is sometimes too big for its own sake, with 3D Land keeps a consistent focus.

Completely disagree. Considering 3D World does a hell of a good job in very Megaman fashion to always teach you what each level is like and guide you as it becomes harder it's never overwhelming.
The fact each level feels fresh also helps the game not to get old as fast as 3D Land. They're different to each other but the core mechanics don't change at all so I don't buy this "lose its focus" argument at all.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow, Mario 3D land might be the best Mario platforming ever

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived