Which VC game should I get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which VC game should I get?

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#1
Planning on getting a VC game - Results (60 votes)
Super Mario World
56.67% (34 votes)
Pokemon Red
43.33% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which 1? I have a New 2DS XL and am planning to get 1 of these in the future.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: MasterFox72

MasterFox72
3 months ago#2
Ghost N Goblins

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
3 months ago#3
Very different games, this is about personal preferences... People who prefer Mario will say Mario and people who prefer pokemon will say pokemon. You have to ask yourself whether you want to play a good JRPG or a good platformer, a poll is pointless

User Info: ibrokethedam

ibrokethedam
3 months ago#4
Both games are great, but SMW has aged a lot better. I think you should get both though.
I don't know.

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
3 months ago#5
SMW because you can play PPD, HGSS, BW, B2W2, X/Y, ORAS, Sun/Moon on your 3DS. The DS/3DS games have better features than the original RBY. SMW is a quintessential game that EVERYBODY must play.

But only "New" 3DS's can play SNES games of the Eshop :( :( :(
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 months ago#6
I prefer Pokemon cus it's an RPG but if you like 2D platformers more you should probably go for Maro.

Do note though that first gen Pokemon games Red, Blue and Yellow haven't aged all that gracefully, they are rather clunky by todays standards so unless you have nostalgia for the games, or just want to see where the series started I would recommend some of the later titles in the series instead. Like Gold/Silver mentioned in the post below, the 2nd gen Pokemon games mechanically improved a lot from the first gen already and are still perfectly solid Pokemon games even today.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: djmetal777

djmetal777
3 months ago#7
Depends if you are more into Platformers get mario
Regardless i think you should wait a week for G/S instead of Red
PSN ID- djx1100/ 3DS FC:3068-0095-9026 Steam ID: Djx1100

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
3 months ago#8
I still don't get how it is that no one on this board can make a decision. I mean, if it were should I get Pokemon Red or Blue, sure. Functionally identical games, leave it up to chance as to which to buy. But honestly, if you can't decide if you want to play a platformer or an RPG right now, maybe you don't really want to play either.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: invertedlegdrop

invertedlegdrop
3 months ago#9
Pokémon. World is great but the GBA version does enough little things to make the game a better experience imo like audio improvement and allowing Mario to only go back to super if he is hit at full power and you can play as Luigi in single player .
Political correctness is the fascism of the 90s-Roger Ebert
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ******* hatreds-George Carlin

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#10
RFC22 posted...
SMW because you can play PPD, HGSS, BW, B2W2, X/Y, ORAS, Sun/Moon on your 3DS. The DS/3DS games have better features than the original RBY. SMW is a quintessential game that EVERYBODY must play.

But only "New" 3DS's can play SNES games of the Eshop :( :( :(

I said I had a New 2DSXL.
djmetal777 posted...
Depends if you are more into Platformers get mario
Regardless i think you should wait a week for G/S instead of Red

What does it matter if I have 3 gens on 1 3DS(Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 7)?
invertedlegdrop posted...
Pokémon. World is great but the GBA version does enough little things to make the game a better experience imo like audio improvement and allowing Mario to only go back to super if he is hit at full power and you can play as Luigi in single player .

Beat the GBA version.
themegaman7 posted...
I prefer Pokemon cus it's an RPG but if you like 2D platformers more you should probably go for Maro.

Do note though that first gen Pokemon games Red, Blue and Yellow haven't aged all that gracefully, they are rather clunky by todays standards so unless you have nostalgia for the games, or just want to see where the series started I would recommend some of the later titles in the series instead. Like Gold/Silver mentioned in the post below, the 2nd gen Pokemon games mechanically improved a lot from the first gen already and are still perfectly solid Pokemon games even today.

Depends on the opinion if they aged well.
MasterFox72 posted...
Ghost N Goblins

No. You've got to be kidding me.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which VC game should I get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived