So what is going to succeed the 3ds??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So what is going to succeed the 3ds??

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
2 months ago#71
Gargomon251 posted...
1. It's too clunky to have with you constantly like a smartphone or 3ds.
2. When did I ever argue that? I'm not talking about sega or sony. What I'm saying is it would be dumb for nintendo to backstep after all these improvements. Especially after two hardware generations.
4. As I said before, not all systems are equally portable. Hell, a laptop is technically portable but you don't see most people dragging them to the grocery store.
5. Which is one reason why I don't like ps4. And again, nobody is talking about sony here. All nintendo handhelds have had some degree of backwards compatibility, even when consoles haven't. In fact, the only Nintendo consoles that ever had backwards compatibility were disc based, not cart based like the handhelds.
6. There's a difference between hedging their bets and outright lying. I'm sick of people making this out to be some huge conspiracy. I'm not saying the 3ds CAN'T be replaced, but there's no reason they'd flip-flop overnight.

So just calm your t***.

I'm very calm actually. I don't get angry over video games.

1. Maybe so but you can still bring a Switch with you.
2. You made it sound like a handheld can't be one screen in your post. I just showed you examples of the contrary. As I said before I actually prefer the dual screen but that is irrelevant to the Switch being part handheld.
4. I don't really see any adult playing their 3DS at the grocery either. I do see people on their laptop on the plane, cafe, or a fast food restaurant.
5. Be that as it may that doesn't stop Nintendo from changing things up. Nintendo called it a Wii U successor yet it clearly can't play any disc. It can't play the 3DS cartridge mainly because it's different and doesn't have the dual screen for both tv and handheld mode.
6. It's not really a conspiracy it just makes good business sense to not put all their eggs in one basket for a new system that has yet to prove itself. The last thing you want to do in business is make yourself look weak. If they have declare the system was the successor to the 3DS as well outright and it fails they screw themselves over. They lose a chance to make another additional 10+ million from the 3DS they sell plus they don't have a way out. At least by calling it just the Wii U successor they can always use their plan B in an actual next gen DS if the Switch flops.
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
2 months ago#72
At this point, asking about a 3d successor is just as annoying and troll-y as the topics about the switch being it.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#73
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
At this point, asking about a 3d successor is just as annoying and troll-y as the topics about the switch being it.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#74
not anymore annoying from people who don't think the Switch will most likely be the successor.

The posters who think otherwise are either delusional or just too young.
and I can not lie

Sacred_Arfaid
2 months ago#75
I_like_BigButts posted...
not anymore annoying from people who don't think the Switch will most likely be the successor.

This is pretty much why your type is annoying. Condescending and full of yourself. You insult people that don't think what you think and act as merely having a belief contrary to your own is some type of nuisance to you.

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#76
Sacred_Arfaid posted...

This is pretty much why your type is annoying. Condescending and full of yourself. You insult people that don't think what you think and act as merely having a belief contrary to your own is some type of nuisance to you.

I'm not full of anything. Those posters make asinine excuses. "It isn't portable" "The battery sucks"

"It costs too much"

It's like they selectively forgot how much the 3DS launched at, and that the battery of the switch is comparable to the original 3DS, so much so the DS board was criticizing the 3DS for the same exact issue.

I'm just calling it like it is. I'm not even saying to kill off the 3DS, but to ignore the writing on the wall is just, laughable at best.

If you feel it's condescending that says more about you than me.
and I can not lie

Sacred_Arfaid
2 months ago#77
Your response just reinforced everything I said.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#78
Those posters make asinine excuses. "It isn't portable" "The battery sucks"

"It costs too much"

I'll tell you what Reggie said.

the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side. You’re going to be meeting different price points, you’re going to be meeting different types of consumers
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Assassin2713

Assassin2713
2 months ago#79
Seacliff217 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
IcyWind14 posted...
xxdudeyy posted...
http://twinfinite.net/2017/06/nintendo-switch-not-3ds-successor/

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/9250/nintendo-reveals-third-pillar

So you're trying to tell me that the DS replaced the GBA, so the Switch has to replace the 3DS? Even though the GBA was around for SIX YEARS after the DS launched? And the DS ALSO played GBA games, even though the switch will not play any 3DS OR Wii U games, making it an unfair comparison?

Where the hell did you get six years from? The last first party game on the GBA was Mother 3, just over a year after the DS.
Even the last third-party games were 2008, but most of them were shovelware license tie-ins.

DS release date: November 21, 2004
GBA discontinued: May 15, 2010

Even accounting for only first party nintendo releases, that was still two years strong after DS came out. And five years after GBA.

Not only that, but GBA only had 2 main iterations, normal and SP. 3DS has regular, 2ds, 3DSXL, New 3DS, and New 3DS XL, and New 2DSXL. The 3DS family also has firmware updates, so it's more adaptable than GBA.

Until nintendo says (or proves) otherwise, I have no reason to assume the 3DS is going anywhere for a long time. There's still popular publishers like Square Enix Atlus, and Nintendo themselves releasing 3DS games in 2018 that don't even have a concrete date yet.

You do know that the NES was in production until the early 2000s, right? It's not uncommon for consoles to still be in product after hardware stopped, Wii U is actually a rare exception.

And Square Enix is already moving on to the Switch with Octopath and currently has nothing announced for the 3DS despite being one of the more active third party supporters. Atlus confirmed there's only going to be one more Etrian Odyssey title for the 3DS after Persona Q2. Nintendo may have confirmed throughout 2018 but that's normal because what I stated above about having backup software in case the Switch flopped.

Stop using logic. I don't think the other guy speaks that language
Currently: Super Sm4sh Bros, Legend of Zelda BotW/ALBW, Pokemon Sun, Pooch & Yoshi's Wooly World, Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MHOmega, WWE 2K17

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#80
Gargomon251 posted...
Those posters make asinine excuses. "It isn't portable" "The battery sucks"

"It costs too much"

I'll tell you what Reggie said.

the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side. You’re going to be meeting different price points, you’re going to be meeting different types of consumers

Is that supposed to mean something? Why do you believe anything Reggie says? He's the same guy who told us the Chat app was the best solution to voice chat.

Reggie also was Mr. Third Pillar. He's a mouth peice. It just proves you believe PR/marketing.
and I can not lie
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So what is going to succeed the 3ds??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived