I feel like the 3DS was the worst console for Pokemon.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I feel like the 3DS was the worst console for Pokemon.

User Info: Braev

Braev
4 weeks ago#51
3DS is one of the best consoles for Pokémon considering how many of them it can play.

If we're talking about just the original entries though then yeah, I definitely agree.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
4 weeks ago#52
It depends on how you look at it...
First, as someone pointed out, 3ds gives you access to nearly all the main series games which is nice. Still, you're probably right on the fact that 3ds entries were worst overall. I found X/Y to be decent and really disliked OR/AS. While I had great expectations for S/M (finally some plot, alolan forms are a nice idea, etc.), it proved that good ideas may be translated badly in practical terms sometimes. Said that, I think that gen 4 and 5 on DS were really uninspired when it comes to new pokemon design and prefer gen 6 and 7 in comparison. There clearly are exceptions in positive and negative terms in each generations, just trying to generalize

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
4 weeks ago#53
jayj350 posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
uberking422 posted...
Nah, GBA is the worst. Gen III vanilla and the Gen 1 remakes both just feel kind of dull.

The Gen 1 remakes were better than the originals, so unless you had a problem with the originals, I don't see your problem with FRLG. Emerald was probably the third best Pokémon game anyway

Best way to play gen 1 is by playing Pokemon yellow on your 3DS these days.

only due to glitches and ability to transfer
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#54
Kyle1022 posted...
I actually agree. IMO it's:

GB(C) > DS > GBA > 3DS

Couldn't get into X/Y at all, didn't finish Sun/Moon, and wasn't a huge fan of OR/AS because I wasn't a huge fan of R/S/E to begin with. Plus, OR/AS didn't even have the Battle Frontier (or whatever it was called in Emerald)... pretty inexcusable imo.

Why is GB/C above everything else? FRLG and HGSS are far superior remakes, so they should be above GB/C
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: wrobe67132

wrobe67132
4 weeks ago#55
Yeah, it's hard to tell whether it's actually the 3DS or the DS. I enjoyed B/W and B2/W2, but D/P/Pt I just did not like at all. X/Y and S/M are far from the best gens it seems, but ORAS seems to be very well liked. Whether ORAS is good enough to take up the 3DS gens, I wouldn't know since I've just started X/Y, this is just from the opinions I've seen online.

Edit: I COMPLETELY forgot that HGSS was a thing until making that response to the quote right below. DS generation wasn't as lukewarm as I remembered now since I did enjoy HGSS quite a lot.

LuigiFan835 posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

GB(C) > DS > GBA > 3DS

Couldn't get into X/Y at all, didn't finish Sun/Moon, and wasn't a huge fan of OR/AS because I wasn't a huge fan of R/S/E to begin with. Plus, OR/AS didn't even have the Battle Frontier (or whatever it was called in Emerald)... pretty inexcusable imo.

Why is GB/C above everything else? FRLG and HGSS are far superior remakes, so they should be above GB/C

Just because they were technically better when it comes to graphics and gameplay doesn't mean they gave us that same sense of wonder the original games did. FRLG were good remakes, but it didn't have that feeling we had when we originally played Pokemon. Call it nostalgia, or rose colored glasses, but it still didn't contain the same sense of wonder. Same with HGSS, as kids Silver and Gold made us all incredibly happy that there was not only a new game, but a ton of new Pokemon. When FRLG and HGSS came out, that sense of excitement was long gone.
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#56
wrobe67132 posted...
Yeah, it's hard to tell whether it's actually the 3DS or the DS. I enjoyed B/W and B2/W2, but D/P/Pt I just did not like at all. X/Y and S/M are far from the best gens it seems, but ORAS seems to be very well liked. Whether ORAS is good enough to take up the 3DS gens, I wouldn't know since I've just started X/Y, this is just from the opinions I've seen online.

Edit: I COMPLETELY forgot that HGSS was a thing until making that response to the quote right below. DS generation wasn't as lukewarm as I remembered now since I did enjoy HGSS quite a lot.

LuigiFan835 posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

GB(C) > DS > GBA > 3DS

Just because they were technically better when it comes to graphics and gameplay doesn't mean they gave us that same sense of wonder the original games did. FRLG were good remakes, but it didn't have that feeling we had when we originally played Pokemon. Call it nostalgia, or rose colored glasses, but it still didn't contain the same sense of wonder. Same with HGSS, as kids Silver and Gold made us all incredibly happy that there was not only a new game, but a ton of new Pokemon. When FRLG and HGSS came out, that sense of excitement was long gone.

I guess that's fair enough but technically speaking FRLG and HGSS were superior in pretty much every way, so since I hold no nostalgia towards the originals, I just cannot like them as much as their remakes because the remakes improved so much. Hell, I'd argue the fact that HGSS added the physical/special split automatically makes it superior to GSC
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 weeks ago#57
LuigiFan835 posted...

For their time, gen 1 and 2 were much more impressive than any other Pokemon games. Particularly gen 2.
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: OlimaC-gamer

OlimaC-gamer
4 weeks ago#58
3DS made me to go back to play Pokémon again... after 14 years.
Cats are cute even when they are old.

User Info: Assassin2713

Assassin2713
4 weeks ago#59
XY>SM>ORAS
Currently: Super Sm4sh Bros, Legend of Zelda BotW/ALBW, Pokemon Sun, Pooch & Yoshi's Wooly World, Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MHOmega, WWE 2K17

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
4 weeks ago#60
DS>GBA>3DS>GB>GBC (not a big fan of gsc, though hgss improved them a LOT)
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I feel like the 3DS was the worst console for Pokemon.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived