Might get a 3DS XL. Not sure about games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might get a 3DS XL. Not sure about games.

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
1 month ago#1
Maybe you can help me! :)

I'm not familiar with the available library for the 3DS XL.

I'd be interested in:

A Kirby game
A Pokémon game
A Sonic the Hedgehog game (I know that Generations is available)
A classic Super Mario Bros. collection

I'm open to versions that are the best, not necessarily the most recent.

1. Which games would you recommend to fit my list?
2. Which other games might you recommend?

Thank you for your time. :)
We built this city on rock and roll.
Cities on flame with rock and roll.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#2
CaIiber345 posted...
Maybe you can help me! :)

I'm not familiar with the available library for the 3DS XL.

I'd be interested in:

A Kirby game
A Pokémon game
A Sonic the Hedgehog game (I know that Generations is available)
A classic Super Mario Bros. collection

I'm open to versions that are the best, not necessarily the most recent.

1. Which games would you recommend to fit my list?
2. Which other games might you recommend?

Thank you for your time. :)

For Kirby both Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are exceptional games which one you should buy first is really a matter of preference. I consider Robobot to be the more creative game but if you've not played Kirby in a while Triple Deluxe is a great place to dive right back in and flood yourself with awesome memories.

For Pokemon it depends on what you're looking for as Pokemon XY/ORAS are built to be extremely accessible to newcomers and to constantly reward you with big badass mega forms and a lot of fan service to Gen I in XY and Gen III in ORAS. Pokemon Sun and Moon I'd say are games to buy if you want a different take on the Pokemon formula similar to how Robobot does with Kirby because it adds a lot of new things like trials instead of gyms but if it's your first game it maybe a little alienating because for everything it adds it removes a lot of things as well.

For Sonic, Sonic Boom Fire and Ice are fairly decent platformers but if you're not a fan of that series I'd honestly just recommend Sonic Classic Collection or Colours for the original DS as both are excellent games that nail the classic sonic formula and the former game is also a very cheap and bargain deal for a handheld nowadays.

For classic mario you have a few options depending on era. Mario 1 to 3 are available on the 3DS VC but Mario World is available on the New 3DS. Mario Maker is a really interesting little take where fans make their own levels but I've not played the 3DS versions of those games. Super Mario Land is very familiar and akin to N64 and regarded as the best 3DS mario game on the system which I utterly agree on as it's a proper 3D platformer. New Super Mario Bros are like redux of the earlier games which are fun to play but a little lacking in good music. Or you could go for Mario 64 DS since it plays alright with the circle pad pro.

Personally I'd also recommend Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds as it is a phenomenal pick up and play adventure that's an absolute blast to play even if you're not a Zelda fan. The other is Shovel Knight which is short but an excellent platformer that feeds on 90's nostalgia as much as sonic and mario do and is a joy to play.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

CaIiber345
1 month ago#3
Wow. Thank you very much @Adam_Ace. I do appreciate the post and information! That gives me a lot to start with. I'll get reading and watching. :D

Before I research everything, from your post it sounds like Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Pokémon XY and ORAS are what I'm looking for. I'm not very experienced with Sonic so I need to research those.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#4
CaIiber345 posted...
Wow. Thank you very much @Adam_Ace. I do appreciate the post and information! That gives me a lot to start with. I'll get reading and watching. :D

Before I research everything, from your post it sounds like Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Pokémon XY and ORAS are what I'm looking for. I'm not very experienced with Sonic so I need to research those.

Bless you Caliber no problem at all buddy. :) If you're going to go if you've never played a Sonic game before then I do highly recommend Sonic Classic Collection as it's Sonic 1, 2 and 3 with the Sonic and Knuckles add-on in a single cart. Sonic Boom Fire and Ice is decent but they're also a spin-off series so I think most Sonic fans wouldn't recommend it as a starting point.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

CaIiber345
1 month ago#5
So I was using my Switch in handheld mode last night, and the damn thing just screams for 3DS games to be available for it. But that won't happen since Nintendo can still take advantage of the 3DS's strong following and install base. I feel like buying a 3DS is redundant on top of owning a Switch, yet the games I want to play are on 3DS and not Switch.

Anyone else feel a similar way? Anyone own both and care to comment on your thoughts and experiences of owning both? The Switch has games coming out that I want and will play, but 3DS also has titles that I want to play that may never be on the Switch or VC.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#6
Atlus games.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
4 weeks ago#7
I'm not buying a Switch until it has at least 3 highly replayable games I'm really interested in.

My relationship with 3DS is weird. I bought one only for 1 game and it turned out to be a very smart decision due to the extreme quality of that game (RF4). It was the 1st time I got a console just for 1 game and it was totally worth it.

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
4 weeks ago#8
Kirby Planet Robobot
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Metroid Samus Returns
Zelda ALBW
Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Yoshi's New Island
Animal Crossing NL
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion DM
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: Sarlandogo

Sarlandogo
4 weeks ago#9
Kirby Planet robobot
New super mario bros.2
super mario 3d land
sonic fire and ice
MH Generations
pokemon SUMO (ultra sun and moon comes later this year)
PSN: Nirlandogo (JP) GeneralRevil369 (SG) 3DS: 3067- 9028 - 2506 FC: SW-8480-5066-8326
SRW FANBOY Currently Playing SRW V and Z2 Saisei-hen

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
4 weeks ago#10
Honestly, none of the 3DS Sonic games are any good. Your best bet is probably Generations but even that leaves a lot to be desired. Just a cheap watered down version of the console version.

Instead, since the 3DS is b/c with the original DS, The Sonic Rush games are much better. If you enjoy those, Colors DS is decent too.
Reminder: you have the right to an opinion, but you don't have the right to not be ridiculed for your opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might get a 3DS XL. Not sure about games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived