I really hope Metroid: Samus Returns sells well.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I really hope Metroid: Samus Returns sells well.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 weeks ago#1
I know that both in the US and Japan it's pretty niche but I hope it sells well, at least sells enough to tell Nintendo and its investors not to leave it on hiatus for another decade. I plan on buying both the physical and digital copy and Amiibo to offer my support because I fear too many people don't know what good games are and just want their CoD brodude trash.

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
4 weeks ago#2
A 2D platformer series that started/defined a genre is niche?
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: Karnage4208238

Karnage4208238
4 weeks ago#3
to be honest i would have most likely gotten it if it did not have exclusive content that was locked off behind scalper bait i am not a fanboy of nothing and this is one business practice i will not support even if it starts showing up in series i love like monster hunter or dragon quest nintendo really needs to stop locking off exclusive content behind amiibos already imo
Cletus Kasady/Carnage Is The Greatest Villain Of All Time
S'up Im Karnage The Ultimate Cheater I Love to Cheat If You Don't Like It It's Your Problem Not Mine

User Info: Trumpanzee

Trumpanzee
4 weeks ago#4
Synbios459 posted...
I hope it sells well, at least sells enough to tell Nintendo and its investors not to leave it on hiatus for another decade.

Metroid Prime 4 is coming to the Switch.
http://imgur.com/yhwKmWf http://imgur.com/HwJslCa http://imgur.com/thN3GU8
Nintendo Switch FC 1803-5725-9696

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 weeks ago#5
Karnage4208238 posted...
to be honest i would have most likely gotten it if it did not have exclusive content that was locked off behind scalper bait i am not a fanboy of nothing and this is one business practice i will not support even if it starts showing up in series i love like monster hunter or dragon quest nintendo really needs to stop locking off exclusive content behind amiibos already imo

Said the guy who uses no capitalization, punctuation, and openly boasts about cheating being a major part of his morality.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#6
TallTamryu posted...

Metroidvania isn't exactly a popular genre, despite what some people think. Metroid has never really been a huge seller, only like 1-2 million sales.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
4 weeks ago#7
Picking it up on my way home from work in a few hours... can't wait!
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#8
I sadly don't think it will.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 weeks ago#9
LuigiFan835 posted...
TallTamryu posted...

Metroidvania isn't exactly a popular genre, despite what some people think. Metroid has never really been a huge seller, only like 1-2 million sales.

That and Metroid isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the US.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: Invader_Stork

Invader_Stork
4 weeks ago#10
I've been playing it for a few hours, and my god, it's good. I almost forgot what a true 2D Metroid felt like. And Prime 4 is next year, and I'm ecstatic for that. If Nintendo decides to shelf the series after these two, then whatever, at least we get more of each.
We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound fine?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I really hope Metroid: Samus Returns sells well.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived