Should the next Nintendo handheld include 3d?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Should the next Nintendo handheld include 3d?

User Info: McBick

McBick
1 month ago#1
Would you want the next new Nintendo handheld to include 3d? Also would you want better hardware specs instead of reverse compatibility for 3ds games in the next handheld?

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#2
It should have 4D honestly.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
1 month ago#3
Unfortunately, Switch IS there next handheld.

Which is a shame because the Switch is very clunky as a handheld.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#4
McBick posted...
Would you want the next new Nintendo handheld to include 3d? Also would you want better hardware specs instead of reverse compatibility for 3ds games in the next handheld?

I use the 3D & that feature makes the games a lot more immersive & adds to the fun factor. I'd be surprised though if the big N releases a new handheld anytime soon w/ the Switches dual functionality.
GT: Bludluvr,:most wanted: Batman the Telltale series seas 2 ep 2, Cuphead, Super Lucky's Tale, Toejam & Earl Back in the Groove,Marvel's GotG ep 4, TWAU S2

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
1 month ago#5
Problem with 3D is that it requires the game to only use half the console's power so it can show two displays. It's not a magical switch they add to the console.

I don't think it's worth it. I personally CAN'T use it because of my eye condition.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#6
It already doesn't, so...
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
1 month ago#7
Nintendo needs to bring back the Gameboy brand and let the Switch carry on the 3DS legacy.

Call it Gameboy HD or Gameboy Infinite or something like that.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#8
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
Nintendo needs to bring back the Gameboy brand and let the Switch carry on the 3DS legacy.

Call it Gameboy HD or Gameboy Infinite or something like that.

Why? If you want a small device for really casual games everybody has phones now. If you want dedicated games on the go you have the Switch. There's not really any space for a handheld that's just a handheld anymore.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: Shadow-Angel

Shadow-Angel
1 month ago#9
I really hope they keep the 3D away from the next handheld. a feature that while nice on the 3DS, was rarely used, because it drains the battery so much. and battery life is more important to me.
The power you seek lies within you.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
1 month ago#10
I doubt it will, even TVs don't seem to include 3D anymore (do they still use it in movie theaters these days?), it seems like it was a trend around the first years of this decade, but now not so much.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Should the next Nintendo handheld include 3d?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived