Is it better to play White 1 before 2, or should I just skip to 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it better to play White 1 before 2, or should I just skip to 2?

User Info: Child_Adrift

Child_Adrift
3 months ago#1
Talkin' 'bout Pokemon.
Recent Obsessions: Analog: A Hate Story, Hatoful Boyfriend, SMT Final
Watch my Persona 5 Role-Play: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/839-games-n-things/75400064

User Info: Arkhemiel

Arkhemiel
3 months ago#2
I'd like to know this myself for someone else. I can't be bothered to go back now that I've already missed it.
I miss the days when I had a favorite video game character with runners up. Now no one comes to mind

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
3 months ago#3
Only if you care about the story.
BW1 might have the "best" story of all the games.
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
3 months ago#4
By far the biggest point White has over W2 is the novelty factor. In White, you only encounter pokemon new to the region prior to beating the game. It's the only game with an entirely brand new set of mons (no returning ones) aside from the first game. It's worth that even if it doesn't sound appealing.
Roses are red, violets are blue
There are no objects in PUs.

Child_Adrift
3 months ago#5
lukeskywalker66 posted...
By far the biggest point White has over W2 is the novelty factor. In White, you only encounter pokemon new to the region prior to beating the game. It's the only game with an entirely brand new set of mons (no returning ones) aside from the first game. It's worth that even if it doesn't sound appealing.

That does sound cool, but since I've played gen 6 and 7, they White's pokemon won't be new to me, lol.

So, (to everyone), sounds like the main appeal of White 1 is its story. So the story is significantly different from 2? Does that mean 2 is worth playing soon after finishing 1?
Watch my Persona 5 Role-Play: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/839-games-n-things/75400064

User Info: TheZuperHero

TheZuperHero
3 months ago#6
They do some neat things with the story in W2 if you transfer over data from a clear save of W1, so if you have 2 DSes/a 3DS and a DS there's that to consider as well.
Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI (DS), Darksiders: Warmastered (Wii U), Etrian Odyssey Untold, Splatoon 2
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 NNID: TotalJakeout

Child_Adrift
3 months ago#7
Oh, that's cool. Thanks, then I think I'll go with 1.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it better to play White 1 before 2, or should I just skip to 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived