When did Fire Emblem become so popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When did Fire Emblem become so popular?

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 weeks ago#31
Fire Emblem has yet to have a single game sell over 2 million and in Japan Mystery of the Emblem is the highest selling game. Metroid regularly outsells Fire Emblem worldwide game by game. It's NOT "so popular". If anything it peaked in 1994 in the only country to even get the entire series.

And Awakening did NOT "save Fire Emblem" by selling 250k+ when Shadow Dragon and New Mystery accomplished that as well.

.....But why is Fire Emblem now more popular than it was? Because IS saw the series selling less when SS, PoR, and RD were braindead easy games with s*** game design. (Traditionally, the prepromote Paladin you start out with was meant to be a crutch character that punishes you for overuse by sucking later on in the game. But in Sacred Stones, Seth solos the game with ease and Titania could solo PoR too if Ashnard didn't have literal plot armor.....) They decided to ignore the higher sales of Shadow Dragon and New Mystery and decided what they needed to do was make the games even MORE dumbed down but add in otaku pandering like letting player avatar characters marry prepubescent girls. (Japan has a loli obsession that's gotten WAY out of hand y'see.)

.....And that drew in a new crowd. A new crowd that did not buy Echoes at all because it lacked the features they bought Awakening and Fates for.

So here we are. Zero dimensional sex dolls like Cowmilla and Elise (Yes, this is the point we're at now. 9 year old girls are sexual objects.) are now more "iconic" Fire Emblem characters than Ogma or Hector.

but it looks like Fire Emblem is still staying true to it's formula.

You know nothing at all little one.

Before Sacred Stones, having a single unit march straight into the enemy army led to that unit getting killed. Now it's the most optimal way to clear the game in the fastest time possible. lolNosferatu. lolRyoma. lolXander.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
3 weeks ago#32
Endgame posted...
Fire Emblem has yet to have a single game sell over 2 million

Awakening was at 1.9 million sold back in December 2014. It wouldn't surprise me if it surpassed 2 million by now.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
3 weeks ago#33
Ah FE fans. In serious contention for most pompous, conceited fans in gaming.

I had FE7 day one on my GBA, but I kind of wish the series died off at this point. Now we are left to deal with whiny, insufferable pricks whenever anyone tries to have a Fire Emblem discussion.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#34
Otterz4Life posted...
Ah FE fans. In serious contention for most pompous, conceited fans in gaming.

I had FE7 day one on my GBA, but I kind of wish the series died off at this point. Now we are left to deal with whiny, insufferable pricks whenever anyone tries to have a Fire Emblem discussion.

You're accusing the game?
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When did Fire Emblem become so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived